Thread: NFT in pvc pipe

Thanks

Red face NFT in pvc pipe

Hi out there..

wondering if a PVC pipe of 110 mm diameter can be used to make an NFT system ... ??

'm Going to make holes to fit 7.5 cm pots and doing 7 holes on a 2 meter tubes, then there is little room for a few extra holes so you can look to the roots ... estimated that there will be 3 pipes with 7 plants in each so 21 in total which will be covered by 3x 400w HPS (is it enough) ??????

obvious there will be a pump, which run 15 minutes on, 45 minutes off. but how much the pump to provide water, I am a little unsure ..????

Also considering whether I should throw a drip system on them until the roots are long enough.??

It all comes to a 90L tank with nuts res .....

Hope there are some who can help ..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mightyper View Post
    ... estimated that there will be 3 pipes with 7 plants in each so 21 in total which will be covered by 3x 400w HPS (is it enough) ??????
    i would say 21 plants is more than enough for any percy grow lol! i will be interested to see this contraption when it is up and running though,very intriguing!
    all the best hun.x

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,803 Times

21 plants is more than the allowed number of plants for this sight, either find another sight or reduce your grow to 10 plants max, this is percy sight.
    now I have finished moaning, yes it can be done and a instrution manual for making one is in one of the recent urban garden mags. lighting looks like more than enuf (like plants). and i dont think you would need a dripper because you should not put anything into a NFT untill the roots are long enuf anyways.

Thanks

ohhh sry... then the system is just 3 pipes whit 3 plants in 1.... But i can make NFT in the pvc pipe???

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,803 Times

hell yeh you can make it. full tutorial on building one is in the urban garden mag, a new dawn. I get my mag from my hydro shop.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stealthgrower For This Useful Post:

mightyper (05-02-11)

Bobby Digital Guest

have a look at this thread HERE should be of some help...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Digital For This Useful Post:

mightyper (05-02-11)