Thread: starter light for early vegetative

Thanks

Default starter light for early vegetative

We have a batch of flowers finishing up under the sodium @ 12/12. New seeds have finally arrived.
    Our current grow will need about 2-3 weeks before they are ready for harvest.

We tried out a 150 watt flouresent last time. it failed. grew stretched out plants and we were very unimpressed and put them under the 1000 halide immediately without waiting another second.

I have around $80-100 US dollars. Can I buy a nice light system that we can grow nice little bushy plants in this price range. They only have to stay under the light for 2 to 3 weeks. I'd like them to become nice happy plants prior to getting thrown under the 1000 Watt Halide.

I could go to our local shop and just go by what they tell us but I'd rather know what the hell I'm doing when i go shop. We have gotten wrong advice from them so far and I don't know what I'm doing yet unfortunately.

I could and should read more archives to get this information on my own. I just work constantly and go to university. sorry to clutter the board with novice stuff all the time but I'm about to get this new round going. My seeds just finally came.

we are growing mainly Dutch Passion btw (not sure if you guys are familiar with that variety or not) and 2 other plants. not sure which 2 we will pick. anyway, i'll stop rambling now. thanks in advance

sean..........

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,348 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    We have a batch of flowers finishing up under the sodium @ 12/12. New seeds have finally arrived.
    Our current grow will need about 2-3 weeks before they are ready for harvest.

We tried out a 150 watt flouresent last time. it failed. grew stretched out plants and we were very unimpressed and put them under the 1000 halide immediately without waiting another second.

I have around $80-100 US dollars. Can I buy a nice light system that we can grow nice little bushy plants in this price range. They only have to stay under the light for 2 to 3 weeks. I'd like them to become nice happy plants prior to getting thrown under the 1000 Watt Halide.

I could go to our local shop and just go by what they tell us but I'd rather know what the hell I'm doing when i go shop. We have gotten wrong advice from them so far and I don't know what I'm doing yet unfortunately.

I could and should read more archives to get this information on my own. I just work constantly and go to university. sorry to clutter the board with novice stuff all the time but I'm about to get this new round going. My seeds just finally came.

we are growing mainly Dutch Passion btw (not sure if you guys are familiar with that variety or not) and 2 other plants. not sure which 2 we will pick. anyway, i'll stop rambling now. thanks in advance

sean..........
    who the hell is we?? seems to be a lot of you!

Thanks

just go on old ebay and search for *cfl grow light* around 250- 300w try get a dual spec if you can if not blue is for vegging so you will need the blue sepctrum one
    hope thsi helps

or you could get a 250 mh bulb
    Originally Posted by wert
    i would slap wayne rooney,but not in a nasty way,just a slap across the face to wake him up and help get his priorities right.
    i would also like to slap kylie minogue but this time in a nasty dirty way on her petite little arse.

god made weed, man made beer.....

who do you trust?

Formally kenus_420

5th grow 1st diary: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...l-flower-mode-)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,108 Times

Like Kenus says, A 250w MH or Blue CFL will be good for vegging.. But if your using a 1KW HPS to flower then I would be looking at a 400w MH or maybe even a 600w MH for veg.. you want them Plants bulking out ready for the 1kw.

Thanks

aerogarden.i am new and been starting my plant of in it, and plant grow fast mate.i am testing and learning and had one in there for 18 days and topped it and cloned it and moved it to 12/12 and the clone is happy little chap in the arogarden ready for round 2. i can show you pic if you like and this is my first plants ever.

Thanks

Check out my (6) CFL arrangement. 'Indoor Sunshine' brand. 4x25w and 2x30w. Work absolutely excellent and plants favor (grow to) these lights. Most perfect CFL's for vegging and highest CRI rating you can find (95=CRI). Tried many others and tested. Plants like these and would be 100$ to procure.