Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Importance Of Leaves.

Thanks

thank you lot for the info...ive heard lots of different advice(not on here) about removing leaves, now i know what to do......basically just 'leaf' em! pmsl!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbotoker For This Useful Post:

Grub (17-08-11), MrsE (04-02-14)

Thanks

My plants are about 8inches in height and i have been noticing that the leaves are turning yellow from the outside in. The whole leaf is green but the top trim is yellow as if it was burnt. Can anyone lemme know why it is and how i can stop it .

Thanks

that just answered the question i was just about to ask on my first grow.thanks.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greenshadow For This Useful Post:

Grub (17-08-11), traymondo (05-11-11)

Thanks

Must have missed this, top post Grub

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rokerij For This Useful Post:

Grub (01-07-11), traymondo (05-11-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Omg thank u! Ive been so curious & weirdly all around the net theres not much detail about the intricit details of this beautiful plant. It was also very easy to understand.

Lol at just 'leaf' em. Good one.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lennox150 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you. This was very helpful.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TODrider For This Useful Post:

Grub (17-08-11)

Thanks

i removed the bottom two sets of leaves because i thought they were well fucked basically in reality my plant was under watered lol dope. anyway im a noobie and wont be making that mistake again plus its only a bag seed to learn on so if i get her to the end its a bonus.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazy horse For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sounds to me like a good point well made by the OP. To back up his point about light still penetrating; If light didnt penetrate it, how come u can still see through leaves when u shine a bright light at them??! lol! Of course the light level will logically drop, but also a signifigant amount does still penetrate.

And in my brief personal experience, i found that if a plant wants to ditch a leave, it'll tend to do so itself. If a dodgy looking leave nearly falls off when u just slightly wobble it with one finger, then its ready to come off. Otherwise, if u find that it feels like u'd have to use a two finger pinch on the leaf stem to pull it off, i'd say it's best left on.

And also, from what i read of scrogging, yes i think u do wanna remove more leaves, etc but then thats due to it being a different approach anyway, so fair play but for a normal plant left to grow in a pot i'd say avoid cutting them off.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedWhiteBlueGreen For This Useful Post:

Grub (20-08-11), traymondo (05-11-11)

Thanks

I can see how removing leaves can damage the growth of the plant but i was under the impression that when using CFL's to grow the light barely penetrates through the canopy (I can see this in my own grow where the lower regions of the plant are darkly shaded by top tier leaves. When flowering the buds will have better growth when exposed more to direct light so trimming off the necessary fan leaves shading the buds would help your yield. Have i got it wrong?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to grassynole For This Useful Post:

traymondo (05-11-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Think of it like taking a spark plug out of your engine just because someone once told you that it'll go faster if it's lighter!

Sounds compelling, and it's true but in this case the wrong thing to improve speed as you've taken away a critical component to make your engine work to it's utmost

It's exactly the same with those fan leaves. They are the engines that drive bud production.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

cha1343 (18-11-11), Grub (05-01-12), Hannibal (13-11-12), Mart_Aitch (28-07-14), NitroBurns (31-01-14), Oxy (12-11-12), traymondo (05-11-11)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast