Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Importance Of Leaves.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    what is the coup on lighting then is 125 watt dual spectrum cfl good for growing sometimes you have to ask instead of trolling through the archives for the answer you want advice appreciated.
    This is sometimes true mate, but if you can't be bothered to research yourself at least ask in the correct section/s.

The Novice and Lighting sections should help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

evry1concentrate (10-05-12)

Thanks

Yes, I'm lovin the novice corner right now - grub is ON IT! Great info .. and I will leave the leaves alone!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipMonroe For This Useful Post:

Grub (14-03-12)

Mr-Lover Guest

Excellent Information Grub Thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr-Lover For This Useful Post:

Grub (14-03-12)

Thanks

If removing fan leaves hightens the chance of plants hermying, why don't scrogged plants suffer a lot with hermying?
    I agree that removing leaves takes away the plants growing potential, but if you have a plant 2ft tall and very bushy where light has a hard job penetrating, and you remove some of the inner leaves and lower popcorn bud stems, then this will allow more light to reach more leaves giving more photosythesis on more leaves, allowing better air circulation with greater co2 intake, the plant can work harder forming main bud sites because no energy is going into the popcorn buds giving a stronger healthier plant.
    I know some people would take this too far by stripping out a plant of all leaves and bud site except the main ones which would of course hinder any growth but if its done right it can be beneficial. You do have to know what your doing though, you can't be heavy handed....lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjbel For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (10-09-15), Matts (28-11-12)

trumptummy Guest

Plants have evolved over millions and millions of years to do one thing and one thing only. Use the sun as best as possible to grow as big as possible as fast as possible. Just let them get on with it for fooks sake.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trumptummy For This Useful Post:

Grub (13-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katy View Post
    there is a common misconception that the light only produces results in the area where it falls, the plant is a whole being !

ie, you put food and water in your mouth and get sunshine on your head, but your toenails still grow!
    LMFAO well thats 1 way of looking at it..luv it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kushy_Stoner For This Useful Post:

GhostPGE (29-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    The buds don't take in the light, the leaves do. The light is then converted into food which promotes bud growth.
    going by this post am i correct in thinking tucking all my fan leaves out of the way of bud sites is not really doing much..

would just leaving the plant to do her thing produce the same amount of bud regardless of me moving fan leaves out of the way, im not going to start chopping leaves off but it is a chew on trying to tuck the fan leaves out the way all the time..

oh and thnx on the great thread

14. The Following User Says Thank You to honest john For This Useful Post:

Grub (13-09-12)

Thanks

What about cutting the tips of the leaf off??? Will that effect my plants??

Posted with Mary's Diary

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by honest john View Post
    going by this post am i correct in thinking tucking all my fan leaves out of the way of bud sites is not really doing much..

would just leaving the plant to do her thing produce the same amount of bud regardless of me moving fan leaves out of the way, im not going to start chopping leaves off but it is a chew on trying to tuck the fan leaves out the way all the time..

oh and thnx on the great thread
    Basically mate, the more leaves on your plant that are getting good light, the bigger and better your buds will be.
    Tucking some leaves out of the way so that light can penetrate to the lower leaves is fine, as long as they too are still able to receive light.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy420 View Post
    What about cutting the tips of the leaf off??? Will that effect my plants??
    Apart from maybe making the leaves more aesthetically pleasing, what do you think this will accomplish?

Say if you had a big square solar panel taking in lots of light and producing energy.... One day you decide that you don't like it square any more and cut all the corners off to make it round. - The result will be a much smaller surface area which means less light absorption and less energy produced.

The more leaves you have taking in lots of light, the bigger and better your plants will grow.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (13-09-12), honest john (14-09-12), Oxy (13-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,612 Times

thannks for the info mate

got any cannabis plant pics defoiler vs none defoilered leafs
    1st. Paradise - Opium -Complete-

19. The Following User Says Thank You to C21H30O2 For This Useful Post:

Grub (22-09-12)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast