Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: miricle grow soil

Thanks

Default miricle grow soil

After reading the closed thread in here i have some potential problems with MG.
    i read that with the slow release food i might have problems flushing ? any idea on what i can do or how long to flush? and what is flushing ? (i think its just watering with water? for a week or so before Finnish)
    there is no way i can re pot the plants i have as there prone to herming and had more than my fare share so far,
    im a lil worried after reading that thread about using MG my plants are gonna dwindling into nothing
    thanks for your time and sry for bringing up MG again
    bongo

MrMojorising Guest

and what is flushing ? (i think its just watering with water? for a week or so before Finnish)

yep thats what flushing is,as they use slow release fertilizer it lasts for months and will still be released when you want to flush your plants,other soils with added fertilizer usually use organic material which is used up in weeks rather than months,the life style of the plant is finished before all the fertilizer is used up.
    Why can't you carefully repot them?

Thanks

Because I wouldn't advise re potting in flower, period!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to euforialover For This Useful Post:

bongostu (22-02-11)

mellowed Guest

I would not bother repoting them mate. You can buy a little kit for a few quid from your local garden center that you use to check how much nutrients are in the soil. It's a powder kit which you add a small amount of your soil and a bit of water to, shake it up and then compare the water colour to the color chart that comes with it.

I think you will probably have low nitrogen in your soil rather than any other low nutrients. Flush your soil with 3x the amount of water to pot so if you use a 3 liter pot you want to flush with 9liters of water. Do this and then let the soil dry out properly. I can't see the soil holding onto much of the nutrients when you flush it anyway.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

bongostu (22-02-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellowed View Post
    . Flush your soil with 3x the amount of water to pot so if you use a 3 liter pot you want to flush with 9liters of water. Do this and then let the soil dry out properly. I can't see the soil holding onto much of the nutrients when you flush it anyway.
    Hi Mellowed your a star *passes bong with a ten bag for appreciation*
    when you say flush with 3x the amount of water is that literally just keep pouring in water until its all gone and let it flow straight out the bottom ?
    thanks again mate
    bongo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojorising View Post
    AK GUMMY GUNS are prone to hermieing and out of 6 seeds i only have 2 plants im not doing anything that might jeopardize them.
    thanks for your time mate
    bongo

Thanks

if you can get her to the bath then pop her in and slowly pour the water over her for a full on flush, I don't have that luxury so in flush I feed about 3l every couple of days and one for luck in the final 1, I let mine dry for the last couple of days though as they dry a little quicker as they're ont full of moisture when you chop.

mellowed Guest

Yeah mate just slowly pour all the water into the soil then leave it to drain out again. If you are really concerned then you can put more water through it aswell. And as euforialover said, if you can get it to the shower then that's even better because you ain't gonna flood your grow area an you can put as much water in as you like.

Thanks

thanks for the advice and i can get em to the shower with no probs at all unless these autos grow into trees i cant see any issues.
    again thanks for your time
    bongo

mellowed Guest

Get it done mate. When you have flushed it out you will have to let the soil dry for a few days before you start feeding/watering them again. You will find the yellowing will get slightly worse but that's got to be expected due to you removing all the nutrients but it will stop when they are being feed again.

Happy growing mate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast