Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coco grow how much water

Thanks

Default Coco grow how much water

I am growing in coco, got 2plants 3 weeks old in 15l pots I'm just wondering what you think is best on how much n how often I should water, using canna a n b n rhizotonic. I've looked but can't find any definite answers

Cheers

Thanks

i wouldn't think you'd need to water that much if there in 15l pots mate depending on how much water/feed you give them first time,i'm new to this coco growing myself so can't give you a positive answer,how long are you planning on vegging for?i was thinking of vegging for 3 weeks and there final pots will be 10L.
    I LIKE GANJA..GANJA LIKES ME..WE MAKE A PAIR LIKE A GANJA TREE

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,329 Times

3-4 litres per pot and do it when they need it and are dry. (every 3-5 days or every 2 days if they love a drink)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCandyManCan For This Useful Post:

big syko 75 (22-02-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,108 Times

When did they go into 15L pots? was it strait from rooting or did you potup?

If they're still rooting out the 15L pots then water every 2 days untill you get 20-30% runoff. Once the plants are established in the pots then water everyday for best results, Regardless if the Coco is still wet still water everyday.. As long as you have good drainage you cant over-water an established plant in coco.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cocogrower For This Useful Post:

big syko 75 (22-02-11)

Thanks

I've done a few coco grows now and from my experience they need watered alot, Best way is to just give them a set amount and see how long it takes for the coco to dry out and take it from there.
    I use 10l pots and once they start taking off they drink about 2 litres a day, though obviously plant size and temps will affect this(I like big plants and my room is usually quite hot) also depends if you have anything in your coco to aid water retention i.e. vermiculite or similar (I don't)
    I need to water daily as the amount of water the pots can hold doesn't always last 2 full days in my room, nothing worse than going in and they are all upside down.
    But yeah with 15l pots, even in coco you should get a few days, just keep an eye on them as coco does dry out much quicker than soil.
    Good luck with it Zootz

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfcree For This Useful Post:

big syko 75 (22-02-11)

Thanks

I'm into my 2nd week of flower with my first grow using coco coir... I've got an Easy2Grow Autopot with 47 liter reservoir and a 15 liter pot. I fill that up with my solution and just leave it. I only grow small amounts at a time just in case of a bust and because it's only for me and with one plant in an Autopot it's drinking 1.75 liters a day at present. I measure the amount i put into the res and then measure the amount left before adding more to the res so my results are as accurate as I could get as far as nute/water consumption goes.

TMC

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony_MonCanna For This Useful Post:

big syko 75 (22-02-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocogrower View Post
    When did they go into 15L pots? was it strait from rooting or did you potup?

If they're still rooting out the 15L pots then water every 2 days untill you get 20-30% runoff. Once the plants are established in the pots then water everyday for best results, Regardless if the Coco is still wet still water everyday.. As long as you have good drainage you cant over-water an established plant in coco.

I didn't know this,learn something new everyday,so what do you think about adding a layer of soaked/rinsed hydroton pebbles to the bottom of the pots then i'm sure i've heard of people doing this,also does anyone use perlite/vermiculite in there coco,i've just started my first grow in coco and at the moment they are 4/5 days old from seed and in 1.5L pots,gonna wait til they fill up these pots before i repot into bigger pot and there final pots will be 10L.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,108 Times

Yeah putting an inch or so of clay pebbles at the bottom of the pots is good for drainage, I do this but only in the final pots. From the 1.5L pots your plants are in I would then go 6L then 10L

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cocogrower For This Useful Post:

big syko 75 (22-02-11)

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies, they are in 15litre aero pots, I put them in there about 5 days ago from 1litre pots which I put them in from germination. They are growing fast but I didn't want to over water but now I have a better idea of what they should be watered. They are just in coco, I think il try some clay pebbles at the bottom next time,

Thanks again
    Zootz

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zootz For This Useful Post:

big syko 75 (22-02-11)

Thanks

Yeah I always use about 20% perlite in with my coco... more oxygen to roots = bigger harvest Have never used vermilculite though as am quite happy to water them every day so i don't need it. Never tried clay pebbles either but have heard quite alot of people do use them... I prefer to just let the coco dry out daily. Good luck with your grow...hope its good one

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfcree For This Useful Post:

big syko 75 (22-02-11)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast