Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heat issues! what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Default Heat issues! what am i doing wrong?

Hi fellow bud heads hope every one is cool!

Ive got some serious heat issues, Im using a single 600w hps in a Dark Room 150 with an 10" extractor and my temps are peaking at 34 deg. The extractor and the intake are both connected to a fan control unit with a temp sensor , the guy at the shop said that with the controller i will be able to control the exact heat of the grow space but this is far from the truth (i could poke him in the eye the way im feeling cos it was not cheap). The 10" extractor is attached to a reducer 10"-6" could this be the cause of my problems? My intake is 5" (300x3 per hour) is it to little could this be the prob?

thanx for any help

The Kid Afro Baby!!!
    Last edited by afroman; 24-02-11 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks

Any idea when the temps are peaking? what are the temps like normally day / night? Wouldn't think you would struggle to get the right temps on that set-up with a relatively cool air supply. Couldn't go without my fan temp controller. Are your fans always going full whack despite being set low or half way?
    Last edited by channel; 24-02-11 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Just try running it without the temp controllerand see what its like

strewth Guest

Where about's is your temp sensor placed mate, prob needs to be inline with the top of the plants

DZ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by channel View Post
    Any idea when the temps are peaking? what are the temps like normally day / night? Wouldn't think you would struggle to get the right temps on that set-up with a relatively cool air supply. Couldn't go without my fan temp controller. Are your fans always going full whack despite being set low or half way?
    i run my lights so they are on from evening to morning, the temps peak as soon as the the lamps heat up, the fans seem to be on full wack after 10-15 mins

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZero View Post
    Where about's is your temp sensor placed mate, prob needs to be inline with the top of the plants

DZ
    the sensor is placed in the exact location as the hygrometer (inline with the plants)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flygerian88 View Post
    Just try running it without the temp controllerand see what its like
    gona try that bro thanx

Thanks

To think i was going to run two 600W lamps but if one is giving me this much trouble thats definitely out the question, gona have to get a A-wing if i want more light

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,005 Times

your intake is much smaller than what your 10" is sucking out,by just having a passive intake will allow the same volume of cooler air inside as whats leaving this has to be good for a few centigrades........pull the air through your filter and out the top,and have 1 or maybe even 2 passive air holes,while the fan is working incoming air will stop any smell or air escaping.....as for the controller i just put a dimmer swith on my fan(has worked for me) ..........hope this helps,lifes shit,when shits not going right................................

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,005 Times

lol try a couple of cfls to bolster the light once you have the heat issues sorted,they dont burn as hot and work damn good alongside hps.if you can get em get a large growstar,there a mtre square and ideal for the tent.....a bit pricey but maybe that pikey retailer will give you a refund on the controller......lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast