Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cyprus?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default Cyprus?

Anyone been there?
    I got an invite from an old friend to stay at her place there for a few weeks.

Cyprus
    Cannabis is a Class B substance – life imprisonment is possible for use and maximum 8 years for possession (maximum 2 yrs for first offence for under 25 yr old).
    Fuck! I don't think I will try to score there if I go

strewth Guest

Yeh been but didn't try and score anything though, things have changed over there since they joined the EU so if you go make sure your wallet is fat as prices have gone through the roof for day to day bits....and the taxi drivers are right nutters i thought London was bad till i went to cyprus lol

DZ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post:

budgie (27-02-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

north or south ?
    very different greek law and turkish law.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

strewth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    north or south ?
    very different greek law and turkish law.
    Yeh very very different lol

Thanks

South cyprus

money is gonna be tight as I'm broke, but I'd have some where to stay for little expense.
    Last edited by budgie; 27-02-11 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks

Cyprus is like my second home. It is very expensive since they changed to the Euro. They set the prices on most things based on the Cypriot Pound/Euro rate back in 2008 so haven't taken the economy into account. This makes everything real expensive, especially when the pound is so weak. Alot of places still show prices in cypriot pounds as well (even though they are not accepted).

They don't like weed at all there. Greece is notoriously hard on it as is (southern) Cyprus.
    I remember speaking to one of the bar workers there and got told 3 weeks in prison if they catch you smoking a single J!

The EU hasn't changed the culture much at all (like the UK), just the prices. They still look out for their own and still have a very close family based culture.

What part are you going to?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EasyRyding For This Useful Post:

thcdudeuk (28-02-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,033 Times

no way this sucks dudes im goin paphos in august for 2wks.....
    is it really that expensive... theres me,mrs n our 4 kids...i was thinking 2k spendiz better rethink
    as always RESPECT
    "If You Smoke Like I Smoke Ya High Like Everyday"
    RESPECT

Thanks

Only just spotted this thread, Cyprus my favourite place in the whole world, n I been to a few places incl Africa. I too am am going in August for 2 wk (although looking at extending that to 4). This will be my 6th time I think, I've learned the lingo too, well in the process of. If you are careful and spend wisely 2k will be enough. Are you self catering? Orphanides (Ορφανιδεσ) supermarket just off Tomb of The Kings Road is cheapest.

There was a noticeable increase in cost of living since going to Euro over there. I remember first time I ever went in 2004, there was 3 of had a 3 course meal and drank large vodkas all night and the bill came to CYP45 = GBP40. Now the same night in the same bar costs around EU90.

Whereabouts in Pahos you staying? A car is a must, I always pick one up from airport and drop it back off on way back, Bit expensive though for a few weeks so I suggest maybe hiring one for 3 days. Check out Aphrodites Rock, Kurion, Aphrodites Baths (stunning!)

PM me if you need any more info mate

Aphrodites Baths - that water is feckin freezing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thcdudeuk View Post
    is it really that expensive... theres me,mrs n our 4 kids...i was thinking 2k spendiz better rethink
    as always RESPECT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GrassHopper For This Useful Post:

thcdudeuk (11-05-11)

Thanks

Only just spotted this thread, Cyprus my favourite place in the whole world, n I been to a few places incl Africa. I too am am going in August for 2 wk (although looking at extending that to 4). This will be my 6th time I think, I've learned the lingo too, well in the process of. If you are careful and spend wisely 2k will be enough. Are you self catering? Orphanides (Ορφανιδεσ) supermarket just off Tomb of The Kings Road is cheapest.

There was a noticeable increase in cost of living since going to Euro over there. I remember first time I ever went in 2004, there was 3 of had a 3 course meal and drank large vodkas all night and the bill came to CYP45 = GBP40. Now the same night in the same bar costs around EU90.

Whereabouts in Pahos you staying? A car is a must, I always pick one up from airport and drop it back off on way back, Bit expensive though for a few weeks so I suggest maybe hiring one for 3 days. Check out Aphrodites Rock, Kurion, Aphrodites Baths (stunning!)

Aphrodites Baths

Quote Originally Posted by thcdudeuk View Post
    as always RESPECT

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GrassHopper For This Useful Post:

thcdudeuk (11-05-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,033 Times

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GrassHopper View Post

Aphrodites Baths
    nice1 for that dude really appreciate it were stayin in a private villa in a town called chlorakas ( dunno if thats spelt rite lol ) just outside coral bay
    theres 12 of us all together so car hire is pretty much out as we would need a bloody mini bus lol.... really cant wait to go now it just seems to be draggin roll on the sun oh yeah
    btw how hot does it get in aug???? and the mrs just said how much is the average price of car hire and can u drive up across the border to the north side??? cuz shes heard that you cant... thanx again dude
    as always RESPECT

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast