buy vapors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor ScrOG

Thanks

Default Outdoor ScrOG

Does anyone have details on setting up a ScrOG or Screen Of Green for outdoor use. I have second hand information of some folks who are averaging 8 lbs per plant using this method. The information I have says they planted 36 plants and harvested 320 lbs of buds.

I would like to get specific details such as how high above the plant should the ScrOG be set. What are the dimensions of the ScrOG. What are the materials used in the construction. Any information would be helpful but pictures would especially be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 695 Posts

4 wood posts.... make them square around.... canes tied around edge at level for sog, say 1-2foot
    then use garden twine all up down up down then do reverse and u wil get your squares,,

to get twine to stay happer picture hooks every 2inch along the canes ,,,,,

easy.. or get soem green quare mesh plastic form any garden center for leik 3 a mter tops,
    and use canes and string ot hold in place ..

use your mind,

sog increases yeild because you seperate all brances off in 1 per square... this makes 10 top main heads instead of 1 so yes more weed search sog.. read and its alll there!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

Spiked (04-03-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ltid8 View Post
    4 wood posts.... make them square around.... canes tied around edge at level for sog, say 1-2foot
    then use garden twine all up down up down then do reverse and u wil get your squares,,

to get twine to stay happer picture hooks every 2inch along the canes ,,,,,

easy.. or get soem green quare mesh plastic form any garden center for leik 3 a mter tops,
    and use canes and string ot hold in place ..

use your mind,

sog increases yeild because you seperate all brances off in 1 per square... this makes 10 top main heads instead of 1 so yes more weed search sog.. read and its alll there!!

Sounds awesome, maybe next year

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 695 Posts

np dude good luck

Thanks

Default wind

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Sounds awesome, maybe next year
    the only problem with that is wind the first heavy wind you get . you can kiss your plant goodby keep it to one other wise you weaken your plant to much and it wont stand up to the wind unless your growing it in a green house but out side no way i know this from exsperince .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philrizla View Post
    the only problem with that is wind the first heavy wind you get . you can kiss your plant goodby keep it to one other wise you weaken your plant to much and it wont stand up to the wind unless your growing it in a green house but out side no way i know this from exsperince .
    Gotcha, cheers mate.
    On a related subject, can you train or scrog auto flowering plants?
    I'm overseeing a grow for a friend (indoors) and he may get stuck for headroom in the place he's got ready for the grow, I don't think he's interested in getting a bigger yield more trying to control the height of them.

Thanks

These methods of growing are for growing in small places and getting a light as close to the canopy as possibe. I dont really see the need for sgrog outdoors. But if your pushed for space maybe sog but this method is were you have lots more (BUT SMALLER) plants. Your plants will more than likey grow big outdoors
    Last edited by kellc; 19-03-11 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks

This would be an epic grow !

320lb Of Endo!!!

I would love to see this done, the peeps that live out in the sticks could do this properly as would need alot of work/time to fill the massive screen

Great post m8

EC goes up, PH goes down = Plants require less nutrients
    EC goes down, PH goes up = Plants require more nutrients
    EC stable, PH stable = Spot on

Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 Times in 1,092 Posts

No one in there right mind would use this outdoors as its pointless when you got the sun as a light source and as mentioned, the wider canopy you make the worse it gonna stand up against the wind so one heavy wind and you can kiss your plant's goodbye.

Also it would be shit easy to spot the grow area from the air if there were squares pointing them out.
    Marijuana documentary's: Documentary's

Feel free to press the -Thanks- button to the lower left if I have been of help! : )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to J420 For This Useful Post:

kellc (20-03-11)

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,852 Times in 4,263 Posts

i found that all my buds outside including the lower buds were of a good size as sunlight has the penetration that indoor lights lack,i thought about a scrog last year but it's to risky to go and spend an hour training plants into the screen outside and still keep stealth levels up,you'd need to be out there pretty much everyday to do it right and that may draw attention that is defo not wanted in this situation.
    i'd love to see it done though don't get me wrong.

Thanks

Outdoor Scrog works mate. I was thinking doing one this year

This picture has no relevence, it's just a bloody impressive plant, obscenely big

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bubbla For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (22-03-11), chronreef (22-03-11), CockRoach (22-03-11), Denzil (13-04-11), Gary C (22-03-11), J420 (22-03-11), Mr ukthc (11-04-11), needsmust (22-03-11), Sativa Steve (22-03-11), Shades Of Green (10-04-11), Spiked (01-04-11), TC-UP (15-04-11), THE DUDE ABIDES (22-03-11), WeeDz (22-03-11)

Thanks

Plant? That's a fricking tree lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to J420 For This Useful Post:

Bubbla (22-03-11)

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,852 Times in 4,263 Posts

fair do's ,that is something to think about.
    i like how the guy (you?) has angled the screen to face the best sun ,as for the other pic lol one day, one day.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,906 Times in 4,185 Posts

whaddah whopppah!!!!

cheers for that

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

Bubbla (22-03-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbla View Post
    Outdoor Scrog works mate. I was thinking doing one this year

This picture has no relevence, it's just a bloody impressive plant, obscenely big

That is awesone. I knew someone had to have a picture of one of these setups. This is truly the information I have been looking for. It seems very inexspensive to build. I will definitely try this this year.

Not sure why philrizla thinks the wind would be such a problem. It looks like the ScrOG will keep the wind from doing any damage. I will update this forum with my results but that won't be until October or November.

That not related plant is really huge. I had a pineapple that got near that size. That must have been several pounds when cured.

Thanks

why come back then and not just make a diary a long the way?

And it wouldn't be such a smart idea out in nature as it would be spotted very easily but if you got it in a backyard or similar and got it protected then yeah go for it.

Thanks

I think I will try to make a diary along the way rather than just update at the end.

I have a medical license for each of the plants I grow.

Last summer I did not see any choppers flying directly over my field. The 2 summers before that they definitely hovered over my field in their black chopper that the cops belay out of to cut down fields. You could see the faces of the people in the chopper counting my plants from where I was in the bushes. Later that day they hauled 4 huge loads of plants from near one of my neighbors with the big huey chopper. The first they hauled directly over my camp. When they noticed my vehicle was on the knowle next to my plants they hauled the next three loads directly over my head. The next day I got my own medical license. I have had severe back pain for years but just went to my regular doctor and got pills. I did not see the need to be on someones list since I have always been able to get weed. Now I always get the license.

Fortunately they won't come out of the chopper for less than 100 plants. In my area most busts are 1000 to 30000 plants. Last year they changed CAMP (Campaign Against Marijuana Planting) to (Campaign Against Illegal Marijuana Planting). My county has led the state 4 years in the amount of plants busted. I was at my property more days last summer than the previous 2 summers and never saw the choppers hovering over the private lands or my field. I could see them off in the National Forest that surrounds my private land.

I know I can still be busted but I belive since I have a small amount of plants compared with my neighbors and way lower than the average bust I feel relatively safe. I have overcome most of my paranoia and just go about my business.

They know where my field is and how many plants I grow and that it is private land. So a big round extremely green plant is just as visible as a square one from the distance they are looking.

Thanks

Your a lucky guy chronreef, having a medical card. I'm a little confused about the legality of growing in the Counties that allow medicinal use. Do you need a licence to grow & another licence to get your Meds ? That's what I was led to believe, that people could get a licence to grow for those who couldn't. I'm in the UK & at least your lucky enough to have medical licences over there, usually where the US goes the UK follow, but not on this topic yet unfortunately

Thanks

Technically the license allows you to have 6 mature plants and 6 immature plants and 8 ounces dried. However the application of the law varies greatly from county to county and even city to city. In my area you can grow 6 plants for each valid license you have a copy of but you need to stay below 99 plants. There are grow licenses and compassionate provider licenses but they are not specified in any law so are really just paper. In a nearby county you can get a permit to legally grow 99 plants with a special license that is a legal document in that county. In Oakland you can have 72 plants for some reason and they have several large licensed growing operations but the District Attorney is not backing the clubs and they are cowing to pressure from the Federal Government.
    The Feds can bust you anywhere at anytime regardless of any licenses you own. They refuse to recognize any medical benifits from marijuana and still classify it the same as heroin and coke. So it is not surprising if you are not clear no one hear really is either.
    There is one doc in my area who issues licenses that say you can grow up to 99 plants and posess up to 19 pounds for personal use. He charges way more like $250 for a 6 month license compared to $80 for a 12 month license at most locations. He has lines of people standing in the street waiting to buy his licenses. It is still just a piece of paper.

I still can't get into my property due to snow so I have no updates for the ScrOG thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 1,061 Posts

Some epic ideas, pics and information in this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast