Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vitalink nutes

Thanks

Default Vitalink nutes

Am currenly using vitalink nuts full range is any one else using or used them an are they top nutes or shud I pay more an get different guy who sold em me said they was the nuts but he is gonna en he

Icon Guest

Vitalink is sound mate I have used them for years and they are covered in my diary below if that helps depending on your medium.
    Have fun

Thanks

Yes m8 shit looks just like mine nice frigging buds man I use canna boost and pk 13/14 aswell as the buddy but I stop the buddy as hit with the pk do u reckon I shud stick to jus the vitalink stuff 4 a grow to compare

Thanks

Lovin the nft / dwc setup m8 heavy best of both en it

Thanks

as icon says, vitalink is very good, infact ive only ever used vitalink so i guess im not the best judge but they certainly do the job at a top standard

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

im on my first grow with them and not had any problems with them very happy they seem to be quite forgiving

regards g

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,873 Times

im using vitalink max at the minute, the veg side of stuff is good but when you hit flower this is where vitalink is a let down , i will explain

vitalink max has a little to much nitrogen in its bloom feed and its ratios are 5-4.6-9.6 ontop of this if you are using vitalkink max you will most probably be using vitalink buddy which is vitalinks pk booster and again the ratio of the buddy is 3.6-6

now both products together seem way to low in the bloom feed compared to canna

canna aqua flores - 4-4-11

canna pk 13/14 = 13/14

when both them products are added together you can see that canna is stronger and will give you a better pk ratio which is what is most important in flower, plants dont use that much nitogen in flower so you need to lower the nitrogen and increase the p/k

i find the vitalink max to be more of a begginers nutrient because its not strong and very very easy to work with but if you want results with vitalink then you gotta tweek the bloom feed somewhat

an example would be to use canadian xpress superior potash alongside vitalink bloom, canadian express potash is a pk booster which is 9/18 and would benifit the vitalink max in bringing the ratios up in the bloom feed

what i plan on doing this time round with flowering is as follows

vitalink max bloom + pk13/14, i will lower the amount of vitalink max and increase the amount of pk13/14 which should give me a more stronger bloom feed, the key thing here is to start the pk/13 feed early at lower dosage and increase untill the final weeks

alongside this i will use carbo-load which is basically mollasses for hydro and is high concentrate sugar which the plants love and it acts as a transport to pass all the other nutrients around the plant at a quicker rate

sorry for waffling but you did ask lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to seymour-buds For This Useful Post:

VANDERLEI (13-03-12)

Icon Guest

Seymour Great post mate. Whilst I dont disagree with what your saying I will say that the reason I use Vitalink is because it gives me the versatility to adapt the nutrient easily if so desired. But im a lazy git so i just add the fulvic a bit more buddy and hardly any bloom feed at about week 6 of 12/12 stage from then on im dropping the ec down till the flush

The problem I find with pushing the PK anymore is a real chance of the crop dying whilst your boosting and you thinking its just the bud absorbing nitrogen from the leaves then with about 7 to 10 days left they just drop and you end up with a shitty tasting bud.

There is a maximum the plants will take and all though I do like to push the booster weeks it is not something that should be overdone and often is, so always be cautious and make detailed notes for future reference.

Sour and Mataro are looking lush btw
    Regards
    Icon

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,873 Times

im not suggesting boost the pk on every feeding what im saying is build it up gradually over the course of the flowering period, i will be using the hesi formula and obviously tailoring it to me needs in terms of flowering weeks

[IMG][/IMG]

pk boost is a bit hit and miss and loads of comapanys tell you different times to use it for example canna and vitalink both say to use their pk at different times and for 1 week only

the theory behind the hesi pk boost regime is that the extra pk is there for a longer period of time so you aint gonna miss the all important surge when the plants want the extra boost

obviously this will make sense to yourself as you have an undertsanding of why and how nutes work

yeah vitalink is a very weak base nutrient its a building block so you can tailor your own feeds, where as canna is more advanced and a little will go a long way, you will get results with both products i just find canna a stronger base nute so you dont really have to add much more to it

in terms of value id recommened canna cause by the time you bought all the stuff to make vitalink work to peak performance the ratios are gonna match cannas

thanks for the comments on my plants not bad for autoflowers hey

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

thanks for the info guys even more to think about though ive just stared 12/12 a few days ago any advice what how to use the max ab bloom and buddy for this ? should i add anything? the plants are nice and big no real prob so far a few brown spots on a couple and a couple of bottom fans gone yellow on one plant but it seems to be not spreading

regards G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast