Thread: SEEDLINGS curling/dry leaves help

Thanks

Default SEEDLINGS curling/dry leaves help

Yo not new to growing but new to indoor set-ups im vegging a couple of purple maroc plants for my outdoor grow this year got them under a 200w plug and grow cfl about 12 inches away from the plants potted in b&q compost (says its ok for germination/seedlings on the bag) i may have over-watered them at the start but have since only topped up when the soil is dry. The leaves seem to be curling down and drying up can anybody tell me what i need to do? They are about 2 weeks from seed now temperature in the grow room is no more than 27 degrees c and the door is open most of the day for ventilation (havent set up air flow yet), lights are on 24 hours and no nutes are being used just dont understand why they're growing like this o yeh PH is ok aswell heres some pics.

Thanks for your help peeps! got another 20 plants to get going yet dont want this happeneing to all of them lol
    Last edited by benjaminp; 19-03-11 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks

When i shut the door to the room at night there is no airflow could this be the problem? They are left for about 12 hours

Thanks

23 views an no replys sum1 must no??? lol

Talpa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminp View Post
    When i shut the door to the room at night there is no airflow could this be the problem? They are left for about 12 hours
    They need air flow around them. Bent folding down leaves with interveinal ridges are signs of heat stress.

There's no perlite in the soil to aid drainage, and if its clogged then little air can get to the roots.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Talpa For This Useful Post:

benjaminp (20-03-11)

Thanks

Not familiar with the soil you are using but if it says the soil is good for seedlings then I would guess the soil isn't good enough now as your plants are 2 weeks old. I suggest potting on in JI#2 mate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GrassHopper For This Useful Post:

benjaminp (20-03-11)

Thanks

Thankyou il go wilkos tomorrow and get some JI2 then and learn how to set up air flow looks fairly easy from what ive seen so far.

Thanks

i think its because theres not enough oxygen to the roots, maybe a little perlite to the compost mix would do the trick. and let the soil get dry up properly before watering again will alow the roots to breath a little