Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hempy forum yay! who does, & what style do you do?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

Newbe grower here, I've just started a sativa dominant bagseed in 100% perlite in 1l bottle using iguana juice grow / bloom watering every other day , only been a week but so far so good its still alive "lol"
    Last edited by babybud3232; 14-04-11 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

cool good luck it, should be fine are you watering every other day cos the roots haven't hit the res yet or because it needs it ? i found that i only had to water once every three or four days as the pots got light the plants root stretch out more if you let it get really light it pre-motes growth
    nice to have another hempy bro

G

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

Quote Originally Posted by rim_the_rimmer View Post
    any1 reccomend any good nutes
    Ferro A/B for hydro.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

Forest (20-05-11)

Thanks

Ive got 5 indi dominant plants in hempy buckets with potting grit as the medium (its was cheap from garden center) seems to be working anyway, one of the two that have just shown to be fem is doing really well, branches everywhere, had to pinch the stem and bend her over cos she was almost hitting the hps. Looking forward to the outcome from these hempys as its me first attempt and so far Im impressed! I heart hempy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dirty dude For This Useful Post:

Forest (12-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

I've got a hempy on the go right now. She's probably half the size of the 3 dwc ladies. But she is so effortless. I water twice a week with a ph of 5.9-6.1. And thats it, growing very nicely. Compared to dwc it's so relaxing, no piss arsing around adding water or ph down every days or piping from the air pump trailing everywhere. I may take a break from DWC and just do hempy buckets for a while.

Thanks

hmmm, picking up a new tent next week, and im thinking a bout a 60 ltr hempy scrog..........
    you build blidge, you build blidge now

Diddy's Trifle

Diddy's Church Scrog

Diddy does butane oil

Thanks

Cool ..i'm all plugged in and about to start my first grow :D

well i've only just germinated..6 inidica seeds...going in 16litre coco hempy buckets... will keep you guys posted

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simba For This Useful Post:

Forest (12-07-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mystic View Post
    Ive got 5 indi dominant plants in hempy buckets with potting grit as the medium (its was cheap from garden center) seems to be working anyway, one of the two that have just shown to be fem is doing really well, branches everywhere, had to pinch the stem and bend her over cos she was almost hitting the hps. Looking forward to the outcome from these hempys as its me first attempt and so far Im impressed! I heart hempy
    oh dear..... my biggest lady sprouted multiple pairs of bollocks must have stressed her out somehow so had to remove the he/she and chop her to bits and get rid, the rest look ok still tho so all is not lost!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dirty dude For This Useful Post:

Forest (12-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mystic View Post
    cool does the grit wick? if it doesnt try a bit of water every day just to keep the uppper root happy just a thought nm

Quote Originally Posted by flygerian88 View Post
    I've got a hempy on the go right now. She's probably half the size of the 3 dwc ladies. But she is so effortless. I water twice a week with a ph of 5.9-6.1. And thats it, growing very nicely. Compared to dwc it's so relaxing, no piss arsing around adding water or ph down every days or piping from the air pump trailing everywhere. I may take a break from DWC and just do hempy buckets for a while.
    simples is the word fly shame about the balls

Quote Originally Posted by diddymao View Post
    hmmm, picking up a new tent next week, and im thinking a bout a 60 ltr hempy scrog..........
    if you doing that it might be best to raise it up and then you can have a big run off tray for when you need to flush it out, like if you feel there a problem and it needs a flush, it takes a lot of water unless you put a bung in the very bottom just for such times and you can remove the worse of the nutes and flush it much quicker with less water,
    im finding that a 10 L bucket take ages to get the ec down if just trying to flush with out tipping the lower res out by putting the bucket on it side to drain i use a hose to flush mine if i was stuff in a tent i would defo made the bung hole right at the bottom for a scrog didi other than that i think it would be a simple way to scrog

as this is the whos doing what thread
    im running coco hempys and liking the coco much more it holds twice as much water which they drink nearly as quickly i get a extra day if i want it and i think they grow better in it
    ive found i dont want more than 1.2/1.4 ec ever, once they are a good sized plant the last two week i hit em with 1.5/1.6

im running new buckets for next grow they are 20L with 2 inch ball air stones in a up turned net pot deep res 3.5/4 inches, pipes for the run off to go in to one pot to save on lifting the things to empty the bowls they sit in, lid on them to stop evaperation which i feel is quite a lot (ive had rot problems in flower) lowers the rh which is high in my room
    the thinking behind the air stone is, when i repot a hempy the roots are never well in to the res they just seem to dip the toes in it , and a active bucket (ive read changes this)
    so ive gone from being so simple but hope to improve certain things i need like the lifting and needing to water a bit less and i love a bit of tech lol
    still learning about hempys but i do like the simples side to it compared to my nft

happy growing guys
    like a dwc and the root all grow well into the res

Thanks

Gman, I doubt it wicks so have been feeding every day to be on the safe side

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dirty dude For This Useful Post:

Forest (13-07-11)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast