Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Hempy Bucket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azerbanphal View Post
    obsessive pH/ec adjustment.
    Hmm, food for thaught. im in a hard water area too 7.4ph.
    "Late 20's and still have that niggling urge to grow so (In the words of Terry Tibbs) Talk to me!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to h84the10's For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

i used dwc and find the growth rate very good but it a lot more work but if you like me a cant work, it not a problem i like tinkering around with it all i tend to start my clones in dwc then they go in to hempys if you want it simple then hempys are good starting place you will learn a lot then can go on to other hydro nft , f & D wilma, auto pot , dutch pots, aqua farms ,water farms all require constant checking to get the best results the one thing i find great with hempys is i mix the nutes and water thats in for two or more days depending on the heat of you room and plant size when in veg its every 4 days or when the pot is light

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

I am totaly new to this and have time on my hands but I don't wanna have to get a phd first lol.
    Is it a lot of effort and time to get the bubblers nutes right? Im willing to learn if it is going to benefit my growing :-D
    Maybe for my next grow I could think about bubblers and shit who knows.. another week untill shopping time.......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to h84the10's For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

well for a first time this is easy you can get hempys on the go ( for little out lay) then learn all you can from them and the forum,and plan you next grow, a lot use soil and get great plants its prob the easiest
    what sort of room do you have to grow in? i jumped right in there with a diy muti site dwc then as my plants got to big for it i went on to hempys cash didnt permit anything much glad i did i have got a nft tray on the go with a scrog and its not rocket science ,1/2 hour a day to sort .
    if you got half a practical head on board you be fine what ever you decide

im glad i didnt go for ten bubbler buckets cos the work checking the ph and ec and filling each bucket up with water each day would of been to much for me, the ultimate system for me would be a 8 bucket rcdwc with one nice big res out side my room to make it simple it all depends on the scale you growing to what is best for you i guess

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

Yeah man, running up and downstairs dosnt sound appealing to me. lol.
    Im going to have a 1.2m tent, am already set on a scrog system as it sounds like the most yield Ill get from that space.
    Its given me a right headache over the past few weeks trying to figure out what setup to work with but I think your right G-man. Hempys sound like easy work, I know its all bout the nutes and ph/ed stuff but im gooing to get stuck in there.. (RCDWC)- Remote controlled? even automated...lol. shut the door and 10 weeks l8r, BOOM! lool.

anyway, any good links for nute advice with hempys would be a hand at the point. Can I use clay pebbles with them? if not it'll be Coco.

Thanks g-Man.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to h84the10's For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

lol i didnt know if you would know what a rcdwc was it took me ages till i saw what it was lol its bucket system with all buckets linked to a main res the nutes are pumped thought all the buckets then back to the res all are bubblers as well
    im going to make one in a couple of mths if you doing a 1.2 srog how many plants are you thinking? the easiest thing would be a nft tank check out a few ntf diarys, "flips" latest or "primes" bother good nfts srcogs lot of others as well
    my nft goes:
    change the water once a week to 9 days, top up daily, adjust ph and ec if necessary
    i add back the water they have drunk which puts the ec and ph back to nearly where you want it or want it set to, make small adjustments to ec and ph if needed thats a nft for me oh and train plants you can do the training ever couple of days if you want
    but you have to get you head around ec and ph movements witch if explained to you correctly you will get the hang of np
    hempys as long as you can get to all the pots or use one large one for all plants if all the same stain, is another way it would make watering a breeze as long as you can catch the run off ok , some fix pipes to the drain hole for the run off
    hempys go:
    mix nutes and additives if you use them with water ec and ph adjustments tip in buckets that is for a few days simples

where is you grow loft? i can see why not wanting to go there every day if can be helped but you will want to have a peep at them you wont be able to help you self lol
    ive got a couple of links you might find usefull if i forget to send them tonight pm me and i give em to you one is for grow room fans etc and the other is to hempys threads

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

Yeah I saw the nft system but its like $150 and Im on a budget, lol. I have just read the diy thread...interesting...So you think it'l be a safer bet to use this method over the hempy for scrog method? why is this?
    My grow will be in the spare room but i still dont want to visit it more than once a day. lol I think it'l be 4 plants? that is what seams to make sense, legally and scroggaraly? lol NM.

Illl go on the hunt of them diarys now.
    cheers m8.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to h84the10's For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

On closer inspection I think I'd need 2 crates and 2 pumps which would be way more money than the hempy, unless you think 4 plants scrog style would be fine on 1 on these?
    http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9380717&fh_view_ size=12&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fe n_GB%2fcategories%3C{9372014}%2fcategories%3C{9372 040}%2fcategories%3C{9392024}%2fspecificationsProd uctType%3dbedroom_storage&fh_refview=lister&isSear ch=false

16. The Following User Says Thank You to h84the10's For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

ive got two nft 205 tanks im using one for a 4 plant srcog that all you would need you could even put 5 plants in it if needed the only think im dont like about a nft tanks is that the two plants closest to the res gap where the mating goes in to the res that the roots grow down and through grow much quicker but it not a problem really its just a mater of waiting the think with a hempy is you will need to be able to empty the tray you need to catch the run off when watering and if you use hempys on a scrog its hard to lift the buckets unless you lift the screen as well on a half filled screen
    a 205 tank is 45 £ to be honest if you going to stay with a srcog its the system for it hempys are fine to but i think the nft tank has the egde on speed of growth once they take off it the fastest growth ive seen ill put up a diary later and send you a link to it ive taken a few pics on the way ive just flipped to flower 6 days ago

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

I am itching to do my first passive hydro grow. lol.got a 15l black bucket in place but need some perlite..

Looking for New Pastures

20. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast