Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Hempy Bucket

Thanks

woo hoo, been to the local grow shop and got me some hydro nutes a & b £35, ready for the buckets....bring it on I say! lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dirty dude For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

all systems go then MM nice one i will look forward to see how some one elses go

G

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

dirty dude (06-04-11), GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    i also use the cheap ec meter from ebay and its fine for me
    G
    Hi G-Man, Do you actually need the EC meter with your hempy grows or can I go without one for now. My PH meter is ordered but still no nutes. I'm awaiting an email from Plant Magic, but if I don't hear from them I think I'm going to go for the same as you and use Vitalink. If I do what do I actually need to purchase from them? I'm assuming max grow and bloom A+B but are there any extras you recommend?
    Last edited by grumpyturnip; 06-04-11 at 10:36 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpyturnip For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

well for veg i found that just the a/b max grow was good on its own with a bit of general hydroponics silicon( helps plants become resistant to diseases) as it doubles for ph up all used at half strength and for flower you need the bloom ab plus buddy and the silicon thats the min you need oh and get some epsom salts cheap at the chemist it make the plants green up i use it once a week at one tsp a gallon
    i use all the additives now cos as i could afford them but i should of done a side by side comparison with out the adds and with them then i would know how well they worked , i use fulvic , bio pac, bio plus, silicon and epsoms a lot of people dont use the additives a lot do its a personal thing i think
    fulvic is a good idea for sure read what they do and make you own mind up
    yes you can do with out a ec pen i didnt have one up till 2nd week of flower but make sure you use half recommended dose you can always add more but ive not needed to and thanks to that advice i got given by icon( hes a vitalink user) no real damage has been done
    G

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20), grumpyturnip (07-04-11)

Thanks

might give this a go on my next grow. Im currently doing hydro with bubblers so it will save me on using my air pumps.
    Cheers for the info

10. The Following User Says Thank You to snooplotty For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

if you want sth simple then this is the simplest hydro there is for sure

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

looks easy enough. maybe i'll give it a try - got some clones going right now. they'll need to go somewhere soon.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to papasquale For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

How it works:
    Hempys have a reservoir oF nute rich water below the drain hole and once the roots have grown to that res you will see some explosive growth

How to make a hempy:

Things you need
    10L bucket any colour
    drill or sth to make the hole
    perlite / vermiculite 3/1 parts
    that is you done! simple eh?

OK how to make it:

bucket 10L is a good size drill a hole 2" or so from the bottom i used a 5/16 drill and you done one Hempy bucket!

this is to stop the bucket from being to wet, and you cant over water with this system
    it is a over flow, this mix of 3/1 is a good system to wick up the nute rich water to the plant and the plant dips its toes in to the res as well and drinks for there too
    you can use a tray to get to over spill from the drain hole or any system you want to use
    fill with you chosen medium in this case as above

pot the plant up in to it i use jiffys for the seedlings then the lower half of 2 L pop bottles as starter pots also Hempy style the hole is at 1" or so, i use these until i'm ready to re-pot as they don't take up much room compared to 10L buckets
    mixing the medium you can dampen the perlite if you don't like the dust

water with 6.2 ph nuted water and you ready to grow! Hempy has found 6.2 ph to be best so have i, 5.8 gave me spots on the leaves
    you can use any hydro nutes you wish, its a case of finding sth you feel happy with, i am using Vitalink from advice given on this forum and im very happy with them

There is a growing trend of using coco at the moment you can use coco in Hempy buckets but you must fill the res with perlite or similar because the coco will get to wet, it needs drainage to work correctly there are some great grows in this style as well.
    if you have any questions just ask i'm sure plenty here can answer you questions fully.

Here's what you can do with a 10L bucket one of Hempys plants it yielded a pound dry

i'm not a expert but i am well read on Hempys ill try to answer any questions you have
    regards G-Man
    hey great thread m8, have learnt alot already, but was wondering why 1 pic the bucket is half filled and the next fully filled, why is this? is it just filled with medium?

cheers
    "Late 20's and still have that niggling urge to grow so (In the words of Terry Tibbs) Talk to me!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to h84the10's For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

you mean the pic with the plant in a jiffy? i hadnt finished potting it i fill the buckets right to the top hope that what you meant if not ask again im happy to help
    my crop is nearly finished and im more than happy with the way these buckets perform

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Thanks

you mean the pic with the plant in a jiffy? i hadnt finished potting it i fill the buckets right to the top hope that what you meant if not ask again im happy to help
    my crop is nearly finished and im more than happy with the way these buckets perform

yeah man, thats exactly what I meant. I thought it couldnt be that complicated could it? Stoner for you. lol

Thanks G-man! Psst, hope that dont mean you shot G bags.........lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to h84the10's For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-20)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast