Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Small/Stealth Scrog individual pots

Thanks

Question Small/Stealth Scrog individual pots

i've got 2 AK47 Autos & 2 MI5 Autos coming up at the minute that i'm intending to Scrog...

'cos i have a small rectangle that has access at the end, not the side, for ease of maintenance i thought i would do 1 scrog per pot ; i prepared the pots earlier (tho i'm a week or 2 from needing them...), so i thought i would post a few 'how to' pics for individual pots...

i use whatever i can get my hands on cheap or have lying about (even better.....check name again...)

the pots are 9"x9" square ones so there's no wasted space between them like you would get with round ones ; starting at 1 corner i drilled a pair of 4mm holes 1/3 the way up & 1/3 down...

i used cheap garden canes for the uprights (50p for 15) ; they are cut 8" above the edge of the pot for room to work underneath - they are fixed with cable ties thru the holes...

repeat at all 4 corners...

mark an inch down from the top of each upright ; cut 2 cross pieces (straighter the better) to the length between the 2 black marks + 1/4" each end - these are held in place level with the black marks with cable ties...

do 2 opposing sides; these will put your screen 7" above the upper edge of the pot, so about 8" above the soil...

cut your mesh to sit over the 4 corners with about 1 square overlap ; this 1" x 1/2" was all i could get (only £2.30 for a 4' x 2' sheet tho...), so i nipped out some of the grid to make the squares 1"x1" - i think most Scrogs are done on 2"x2" (from what i read), but since this is for an individual pot 1"x1" did me (+ i did'nt want to spend another 1/2 hr with the snips...lol)...
    Note: Dont tie the mesh in place until your soil & plants are in - i only did this 1 to stop it curling in the pic...

- hope this of some use to someone...i'll start a new thread in the Scrog section once they are big enuf to put under the screens ; there will be 2 AK47 Autos & 2 MI5 Autos under 550w of CFL's with Canna nutes & added CO2 if anyone is interested...(my current diary is under the sig...)
    (tho at the time of typing this i'm toking on something resembling a carrot, so i dont mind doing it...lol)
    Bodge...

non-disclaimer : I smoke and I grow, and I make no apology for either - bollox to the laws of this country.....

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bodge For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (03-05-11), frost313 (08-05-11), mcmc (23-04-11), mojogreen (25-04-11), needsmust (09-04-12), Sativa Steve (14-04-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,934 Times

Very nice way of making a scrog man! Cheap and cheerful... The way we like it!!

Thanks

Love this ! ! well done mate,cheap and does the job wat else can ya ask for!!!! gonna follow the diary mate am thinking of doing a scrog afte me grows finnished

Thanks

the plants went into the pots today ; i left the screens off until tomorrow to let them settle a bit before i start bending the tops all over the place...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,647 Times

ta for the updates, good luck with the grow !

Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mojogreen View Post
    Love this ! ! well done mate,cheap and does the job wat else can ya ask for!!!! gonna follow the diary mate am thinking of doing a scrog afte me grows finnished
    if you like DIY stuff i've got a thread for a DIY Carbon filter, and i'm just finishing off mark 2 which is a cylindrical filter for a 6" in-line fan - i'll be starting the 'How to.....' thread for it tomorrow..... (i wonder where i could get a job application for Blue Peter.....)

Last edited by bodge; 03-05-11 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

much easier to manage with individual screens on each pots/boxs

good job

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

bodge (08-05-11)

Cell-Out Champion! Tritryst Champion!
    Thanks

Loving the DIY Cock. Definatly doing this on my next grow. Clever idea fixing the canes from inside the square pot, i imagine its alot easier to handle if you can move the pot.
    Nice one Cock

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frost313 For This Useful Post:

bodge (08-05-11), CockRoach (08-05-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

cool ill take the credit for the guide lol cheers frost

Thanks

i was wondering about that myself.....

the link for the grow-diary is the 1st one in my sig.
    Last edited by bodge; 08-05-11 at 01:57 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bodge For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (08-05-11)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast