Thread: can i add epsom salts when in flower

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default can i add epsom salts when in flower

im in my second week of flower,and the leaves on some of my plants are still yellow with brown spots and look abit unhealthy and a few seem to be stunted in growth,i gave them some biogrow yesturday so they wont need feeding for a few days im thinking of spray feeding the leaves with epsom salts to see if tht will help them green up a bit ,they had some whilst ,in the veg stage around 4/5 weeks in ,they are starting to flower with a few white hairs developing will it harm them in any way if i spray feed them or not or should i wait till they need feeding again in the pot or should i not give them any at all please help

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

A photo would help, as would details of the grow. It could be a deficiency other then Mg.

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

im not sure whether u can see my other posts that tells u in detail about my grow i cant upload any pics sorry,but in short 10 plants under 600 watt light with fan and carbon filter,feed with bio grow n bio bloom in 2nd week of flower the question i asked is because although when i gave them epsom sals before a few of them perked up and are now really healthy but the others have improved little so was wondering if i can spray feed them epsom salts to see if it helps as they aint got no worse so was thinking they might need more,they in 11 litre pots,growing sativa and indica temp 28 not been feeding nutes together pot feeding with the bloom 2ml per litre and spray feeding the grow ,been pot feedind around 12/1500 mls per pot around every 4 days n spray feeding about once a day

Thanks

That sounds like a lot of feeding to me, that said I've never used Bio Bloom so can't comment on the feeding schedule, but with the spray too it seems a tad excessive..?
    How much epsom salts did you give each plant?

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

i put 1 teaspoon into an 8 liter bucket and shared it between them all. from the start of my grow they have only had that 1 feed with epsom salts,in veg stage 4 weeks in ,then i gave them 3 feeds with grow whilst in veg stage from 3 weeks vegged for 7 weeks,then they have had 2 feeds of bloom whilst in flower 1 at the start and 1 yesturday same amounts all through 2ml per litre they are in the 11th day of flower and been spray feeding with grow in flower stage abt once a day except for the last 2 days

Thanks

1 teaspoon in 8 L of water is not a lot, i usually use about a level teaspoon per 2L.
    You could try a tad more on the affected plant/s, if that doesn't help i'd say you need to adjust your feeding schedule.
    Check out the Nutrient Section.