Thread: possible hermie? need help identifying

Thanks

Default possible hermie? need help identifying

heya guys, first time grower, long time follower.

Anyhow, this is my first grow, just something small using a few random seeds off something a friend grew. Plant 1, 100% female, very well filled in plant, looking forward to this one finishing, prolly gonna be a 8-10 week flower, not sure on the strain the clones got mixed around back in the day when this stuff was first done.

Plant 2 (the one in question) I wanna say this strain was grape ape, either way, @ 4 days into 12/12 she started shooting long pistils out so I got excited. @ day 9 I started seeing what appear to be balls, or maybe just flowers packs starting. Since this is my first time actually sexing and not just taking over during flower I want to be sure before it goes in the trash.

Not all the stalks have these balls on them, and granted its prolly my fault if It is a hermie because I played around with pinching tops to get this thing to branch outward instead of growing straight up during veg. Heres 2 pics I took when the light came on this am, I can't really get any better pictures until later in the day, when I can get them into a well lit room for the pictures.

There is maybe 10 to 12 of these sacs that I've found, on 4 out of 8 stalks. Toss it or wait? and if it is a hermie, since its only on certain stalks, can I cut those stalks off and just let it keep flowering?

Sorry bout the pics, I'll try and get better ones later on in the day. And thanks in advance

Thanks

and btw, these sacs arent banana shaped, they are more watermelon shaped. Egg shaped...

Thanks

Looks hermi to me

I would pull the balls off ASAP if they keep coming back id get rid of the plant altogether

You dont want it pollinating the rest of your crop

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

Thanks

so pull the sacs and wait a day or two? I pulled one off last night, took it outside and rubbed the ball between my finger and all it was, was leaf matter. No pollen, but I realize its still too young to have developed a bunch of pollen.

strewth Guest

You won't be the cause of making it hermie by pinching out the tops mate

As said keep an eye on it before you cull him/her

Thanks

I wasn't sure if that would do it or not. I just know I keep hearing that if you stress a plant too much that they can hermie.. So I assumed that pinching the tops would be considered stressing it because its damaging the plant.

Hopefully everything works out with this one cuz its a sexy lil plant, got some nice long shoots on it, possibility of some killer colas off it

Thanks

ok, I got rid of the sacs, there was a total of 14 of them. I did that the day I started the thread (48 hrs ago) and no new sacs have started. I'm wondering if the plant was confused, it had 90% female parts and 10% sacs. Every stalk has a nice main bud now, and the smaller ones down the stalks. I think I'm safe, I didnt notice any pollen around the room (very allergic to pollen, throat didnt swell lol)

Thanks for the tip on holding off. I was going to dumpster it when I posted the first time