Thread: 60's Bush weed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,555 Times

Default 60's Bush weed

found this in the middle of a informative discussion about males and THC -
    Monkey - "even the 60's bush weed was around 6%" .

i want to get hold of seeds for this. are they still around (bush weed)? I'm interested in plants from before the time of breeding for more and more THC content. No I'm not joking - for once...
    ...and rather than hijack the thread I'd thought I'd start a new one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Diply For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've heard this quote too and it got me thinking...I'd also like to find some from back then and have a little experiment.
    Keep us all posted yeah?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Its is still around, but with so much commercial stuff being produced directly in the country of final sale these days it's getting harder to find. There's probably more risk in importing than growing, and commercial growers will always go for the high-potency stuff so they can charge more for it, and make more cash out of it.

Ask about and see whether you can get yourself some Indian jungle, or African bush, and use bag seed?

Some of the stuff coming out of Vietnam/Cambodia is nice too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Diply (01-07-11)

Thanks

There's a few seedbanks that do landrace strains which might fit the bill for you. I know some of the Mandala seeds are landrace so that might be a good place to start looking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to v12xjs For This Useful Post:

Diply (01-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,679 Times

i just tried to pop some bush seeds from three years ago....not a single one germinated. Listen out for people selling 'sensimilia' even though this should mean 'unseeded crop' it is often a name used to describe bush weed (at least in my local area)and is always loaded with seeds. you cant really buy seeds from 1960 genetics as everyone is aiming to produce high quality, high yielding and pretty plants. If you have any friends in mexico ask them to gather some seeds this year as they have some awesome bush weed (it doesn't look pretty but it leaves you nice and mellow)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse_tpfi For This Useful Post:

Diply (27-08-11)

Thanks

If you know an old toker in the States ask them,too. The old Mex and Colombian strains still float around,but none of the young guys have any idea what it is. They call it "really good regs". LOL.

I see Colombian Punta Rosa several times a year,and Oaxacan and Michoacan from Mexico on fairly regular basis. If you know someone in Florida specifically,you might be able to snag some old time Jamaican genetics,as that dark green orange haired stuff has been the everyday smoke in South Florida for decades.

The problem with Mexican and Jamaican weed these days is it's getting swamped with Dutch genetics,making for unstable seed. The Colombian strains I see still seem to be fairly pure landrace strains.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousin Red For This Useful Post:

Diply (27-08-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

yeah, there are a lot of companies that offer landrace strains which sounds like "bush weed". Some of them better than others, but may I ask why you want these genetics?

Hillbilly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.UnclePen View Post
    yeah, there are a lot of companies that offer landrace strains which sounds like "bush weed". Some of them better than others, but may I ask why you want these genetics?
    landrace strains, are great to work with as for there genetics haven't been crossed to everything.. I have some Mexican strain seeds there a Sativa with bright Orange hairs when dried not the strongest but from what I understand a nice smoke..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diply View Post
    found this in the middle of a informative discussion about males and THC -
    Monkey - "even the 60's bush weed was around 6%" .
    i want to get hold of seeds for this. are they still around (bush weed)? I'm interested in plants from before the time of breeding for more and more THC content. No I'm not joking - for once...
    ...and rather than hijack the thread I'd thought I'd start a new one.
    Did you say 'bush weed'? I think we may discuss something, pm me buddy.