Thread: Bubble Pot/DWC Help Please

Thanks

Default Bubble Pot/DWC Help Please

Hey guys I'm soon to start my first grow and have a couple of Qs...(sure to have lots more too )

As the title gives away I'm gunna try out a bubbler pot

I have searched and not found much detailed info on this

this is the particular model I went with (cheap or what)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DWC-20L-Comple...742.m153.l1262

What im not sure about is the plastic baskets, do you let the plant root up in them or would you cut a hole big enough to let the roots float freely in the bucket? As currently it just sits half in the water.

Secondly should I place germinAted seeds in rockrool first and then put that in the basket? or is there a better method?

Should the air pump be on 24/7? or otherwise? (I figure 24/7)

Lastly which nutes are recommended for this kind of growing and when should they be applied?

Thanks in advance for any help, I'll be about regularly (have been lurking for a while)

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

1,The roots will grow through the net pot so no need to worry about cutting shit up.
    2,Germinate the seeds first in some moist paper towle placed inside a sealable bag and check every 12 hours and once they start to split with a small tap root growing from it place them in either a rockwool cube or in a small pot with neat perlite/vermiculite and place in a tray,water each day alittle until you see the seedling starting to sprout then put it under a flourescent light or HPS atleast 1m away for it to grow and once you start to see root's growing from the sides/bottom of the rockwool or through the bottom of the pot with the perlite/vermiculite in you can transplant/move it to the net pot.
    You can place the rockwool straight into the net pot but you might want to place a layer of clay balls or perlite at the bottom.
    With the perlite/vermiculite just fill the pot up with 50/50 of each then wet it and make a small hole around the size of the pot they were in ,tip the pot upside down andtapo the bottom until it slides out place it ion the hole and add more of the 50/50 mix until its securly seated in the pot.
    then fill the bucket so 1/3 of the net pot is in the water,then add your a weak veg nutrient solution and PH it then your ready the put the net pot in the hole in the lid and switch the pump on 24/7.

Canna aqua vega & flores are quite easy to use and you'll need a PH and TDS meter so you know what strength the nutrients are,and i'm sure you'll find info on nutrient strengths on here somewere,use the search function.
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

Thanks

lol Everything answered and more... Cheers mate!

I got some IONIC Grow to start with, got the canna veg and flores on route aswell.

Got the PH tester but will need to get the TDS meter - didn't know aobut those.

Will borrow my birds digi cam and start a diary when its all up and running, a few spontica seeds are germinating in paper towels and I chucked one in a pot for good measure.

ANyone tried spontanica? opinions?

Thanks

Dellamorte is that ionic grow or their formulex? formulex is very good for starting seedlings and clones in hydro because it provides more trace elements than a watered down grow nutrient, the ionic grow is still good I'm using it myself for coco plants well the coco formula anyway.

Canna vega and flores are pretty solid nutes too although I find the vega is more ph stable than the flores but its not a problem, just don't swap to flower nutes to quickly when you go to 12/12 as yellowing of fan leaves halfway through flower can occur with these nutes otherwise.

not heard of spontanica, what breeder is it from?

Thanks

Organix, I did get the normal grow yeah - didnt see the formulex sounds like I'm missing out!

I'm going to be growing a couple in soil aswell so might have to bust out a little coco Pro Plus, is that what your using? Also will I need PH up or down for the flores and vega? or do you just change the water?

As for Spontanica its from KC Brains, I meant to click on Northern Lights but somehow ended up with these

"The SPontanica has been cultivated in the swiss alps since 1983. Indoor is this crossed between SECRET PROJECT NUMBER 1 and their reworked KC 33 also a success. Indoor and outdoor great harvests can be expected from Spontanica. There is no cannabis plant like it."

We'll see how it goes/grows/smokes and I'll drop in a little review if it grows ok.

Monty Bong Guest

Fair play mate for trying a bubbler on your first grow. I've seen 14oz yeilds of 1 plant using bubblers, when I got the money DWC is my next venture. I could keep myself self sufficient with 1 plant at a time!!
    If plod knock on my door again all I'll get is another caution for 1 plant. DWC is the way to go imo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DellaMorte View Post
    I'm going to be growing a couple in soil aswell so might have to bust out a little coco Pro Plus, is that what your using? Also will I need PH up or down for the flores and vega? or do you just change the water?
    I am using canna coco not the canna soil. Whether you need ph down depends on water quality but yes you probably will need it, you can buy some liquid silicon to use as ph up and its also a very beneficial additive for hydro plants, use throughout the flowering period.

Quote Originally Posted by DellaMorte View Post
    As for Spontanica its from KC Brains, I meant to click on Northern Lights but somehow ended up with these

"The SPontanica has been cultivated in the swiss alps since 1983. Indoor is this crossed between SECRET PROJECT NUMBER 1 and their reworked KC 33 also a success. Indoor and outdoor great harvests can be expected from Spontanica. There is no cannabis plant like it."

We'll see how it goes/grows/smokes and I'll drop in a little review if it grows ok.
    I've heard good things about kc33 should be a nice smoke.

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

Spontanica may have auto-flowering tendencies similar to mighty mite so watch em if your vegging for more then 6 weeks .

Thanks

Great tips keep on coming, I'm lovin' it lol Where do I aquire liqiud silicone I've never heard of that before?

Also how often should I change the water?

Mat I dont think I'll be able to last for 6 weeks for my first grow lol way too impatient - I guess it depends how well they shoot up really.

My first little light arrived today, and the seed I'm planning on using in the bucket has sprouted a lovely tap root - my rockwool hasnt turned up yet though so cant put it in yet

Thanks

Res change well a change once a week is best when starting out.

Liquid silicon can be bough at any hydro place only a few quid a bottle and will last ages.