Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draft letter to Radio 2, comments please

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Default Draft letter to Radio 2, comments please

wrote this this evening but got a little (relaxed) whilst doing it so will proof read it in the morning before i send it.

Comments/suggestions are invited
    Dear Sir/ Madam,

As an avid listener to Radio 2, I would dearly like to suggest a topic for discussion on the Jeremy Vine show that is close to my own heart, and of many people I know, the prohibition of cannabis.
    Many people would benefit from medicinal cannabis being de-criminalised in this country, many are suffering terrible symptoms to diseases such as MS, Aids, Cancer and countless others that cannabis is proven safe and effective in combating.
    In some States in the USA, and also in many other countries, the use of cannabis is regulated and prescribed by doctors and health professionals, unfortunately, in this country as of yet, the only way to attain cannabis is to either come into contact with drug dealers, who are often involved in other substances and various other illegal activities such as people trafficking, or to grow it themselves, risking a custodial sentence and loss of job or career.
    Cannabis has been used for well over 10,000 years, doubts about its safety have been peddled by self-serving and greedy individuals and organisations since the early sixties, but now, these lies and misinformation is breaking down, soon, cannabis will be legalised.
    A new political party has recently been formed to campaign against the unjust and cruel laws of this country. Please visit http://clear-uk.org for any further research; I am sure you will be surprised at how many conditions it can help treat, without side effects, and for practically no cost, to the individual and to the state. I am a member of CLEAR, and also other online forums connected with this and I can assure you of a very lively debate.
    Will you help us to help the thousands of people, myself included, who are forced into criminal acts to obtain the product of a natural, harmless plant that grows naturally in almost every continent on the planet in order to ease our condition, please?

Yours sincerely

Last edited by katy; 12-05-11 at 10:08 PM.
    ...the never ending journey on the edge of time...

Five years, not banned yet!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katy For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (20-05-11), Dam High (17-05-11), Goodbuddy (13-05-11), New Age Outlaw (13-05-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,555 Times

Reads well, let us know their response.

diply picklebum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Diply For This Useful Post:

katy (13-05-11)

Thanks

it does read well.. nice letter..
    hope they can open there eyes to the world around them!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gbcheeky For This Useful Post:

katy (13-05-11)

Thanks

Go for it fella its gotta be discussed as much as possible great letter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GREEN DRAGON For This Useful Post:

katy (13-05-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,647 Times

Quote Originally Posted by katy View Post
    wrote this this evening but got a little (relaxed) whilst doing it so will proof read it in the morning before i send it.

Comments/suggestions are invited
    wow not only is it good, I reckon they will use it for a topic. I listen to vines show a lot, as i'm driving along the motorways. Will we be hearing you on the air soon katy ? You might want to paragraph the various points with a line space for better visual presentation before sending though ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to teutonic For This Useful Post:

katy (13-05-11)

Thanks

good read hope it goes well

12. The Following User Says Thank You to the_grey_area For This Useful Post:

katy (13-05-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Quote Originally Posted by teutonic View Post
    wow not only is it good, I reckon they will use it for a topic. I listen to vines show a lot, as i'm driving along the motorways. Will we be hearing you on the air soon katy ? You might want to paragraph the various points with a line space for better visual presentation before sending though ?
    in all honesty, i wouldn't like to take part in the on air disscussion, i would leave that to people more eloquent.
    Its funny, the word document is more spaced out (lol) than it appears on here. I am going tpo send it now...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to katy For This Useful Post:

teutonic (13-05-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,365 Times

Before sending typo in attain instead of obtain. maybe also consider including some of the arguments raised in another thread about imature cannabis.

nice read though

TC-UP

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Katy, brilliant, thank you for this! Just what is needed. Any personal endorsements such as this, especially as well written as you letter, really do make a huge difference. Thank you very much!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

yeah, very well written. you may as well ask em to play a tune as well. my choice would be hotel california by the eagles

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (20-05-11), New Age Outlaw (13-05-11)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast