Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ordering seed questions, and a few other random ???'s

Thanks

Default ordering seed questions, and a few other random ???'s

Ok, I know this is a british site, and I'm in America so thats the main reason why I'm posting this. I've never ordered seeds before, so I'm not familiar with the laws regarding shipping to other countries etc.

Is it possible for me to order from the UK and have them shipped to the US? If its not, is there any other countries that I can order from?

Second question, for feminized seeds, whats an average price? I know different strains costs different amounts, but what I'm looking for is just an average, so I know if I'm getting scammed or not. example : 10 pack of feminized Cheese or a diesel strain. I guess what I'm saying is high end feminized strains

3rd: I'm growing in a closet, so room is a major obstacle for me. I have 6 feet vertical, 8 feet in depth and lil under 3 feet wide so I'm limited to 2 or 3 plants w/o Scrog, 1 plant using scrog or maybe 6-10 plants if I go 12/12 from seed. I guess my question here is, with a smaller space, is there any seed recommendation for going 12/12 straight from seed? I'm leaning more towards that because I'm using a CFL. currently 125W, but next grow will have either 2x125W or a 200W+125W either way, there will be more room now that I've found out how much heat will be made in that closet.

Thanks guys, love this site

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,245 Times

First question is cannabis seeds are illegal in the USA. So it doesn't matter which country you buy them from you will end up running the risk of getting them stopped by customs.

Second average around £50-£60 (UK price) for 5 feminised seeds 10 if your lucky.
    'there was a young man named jobby,
    who haboured an illicit hobby,
    with renknowned growing fame,
    he put our plants to shame,
    that bright young man named jobby'

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,934 Times

I don't think seeds are illegal in any Country... unless they've changed it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sativa Steve View Post
    I don't think seeds are illegal in any Country... unless they've changed it?

Seeds are illegal in the USA by Federal Law not State Law. Actually I think even some State Laws.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jobby2812 For This Useful Post:

Sativa Steve (19-05-11)

Thanks

not too worried about the state laws here, Legal to smoke in privacy of your own home. Under 6 plants, they tend to look the other way. As far as seeds go in the US, having the seeds isnt illegal. Cultivating them is. I think anyways..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,934 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jobby2812 View Post
    Seeds are illegal in the USA by Federal Law not State Law. Actually I think even some State Laws.
    Didn't know that, stupid though, to make seeds illegal...

"it's like saying god made a mistake" - Bill Hicks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by torxxx View Post
    not too worried about the state laws here, Legal to smoke in privacy of your own home. Under 6 plants, they tend to look the other way. As far as seeds go in the US, having the seeds isnt illegal. Cultivating them is. I think anyways..

Check your Federal Law. Cannabis Seeds do get seized at customs as they are illegal. Everyone thinks it is legal in Cali if you have a med card. Under State Law this is technically true. You can grow a limited amount of plants, then if you become a care giver then you can grow more. Trouble is under Federal Law it is technically illegal and if the Feds truelly want to be the arse holes us Brits think they are then they can and will bust you.

I know someone from Maine who got busted growing cannabis even though he has a med card and a care giver card. Police tried to state he was growing more than he was allowed under State Law. He was actually under the State Law amount and I think the police would have pushed it for Federal Law had they not gained entry unlawfully amongst other cock ups.

UK is legal to have seeds, just not allowed to germinate them as then that is classed as cultivation.

Thanks

Bit of a pain to find but if you keep scrolling down you'll find it. Also I know wiki isn't 100% accurate all of the time but here it is anyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis

While more than a dozen US states have decriminalized possession or personal use of cannabis, it is illegal at the federal level under the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970. In this act it is classified as a Schedule I drug, deemed to have a high potential for abuse and no legitimate medical uses. As such, it prohibits the possession, usage, purchase, sale, and/or cultivation of marijuana.
    The federal Drug Enforcement Administration has continued to raid many medical marijuana dispensaries that were operating in accordance with their state's laws.[119] The United States Supreme Court ruled in United States v. Oakland Cannabis Buyers' Coop and Gonzales v. Raich that the federal government has the authority to regulate and criminalize cultivation and distribution of cannabis under the interstate commerce clause, as even purely intrastate sales will affect the market price in other states by altering nationwide supply and demand patterns.

There is more but I think you get the point.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jobby2812 For This Useful Post:

Sativa Steve (19-05-11)

Thanks

i spent the last few hours researching it. 90/100 goes through, 9/100 customs takes the seeds sends you a letter saying sorry your package was detained @ customs and thats it. the other 1/100 just plain old doesnt get delievered with no answer.

I'm going to start with a small pack and see what happens.

nuube Guest

Wasn't the big problem with Marc Emery that he was sending seeds to the US?

There are some sites that do stealth packaging like attitude seeds but not sure if they ship to the US.

I started off in a smaller area, (18"x3'x5'),and grew 3 plants with LST'ing. Now I would scrog the plants in there, should work better for the CFL's too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast