Thread: Keepers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

Default Keepers

Owrite,
    Starting this thread to get more of a feel for what keepers people have, or what keepers people wished theyd kept. Even if you havent kept mums, what strain and pheno do you wish you had kept? You must have smoked and grown it for it to be on your list of 5. try and tell everyone why its a keeper. Heres my list of 5.

1) mmg medium pheno. for the low flowering time and quality of smoke.
    2) dna lemon skunk - 8 week flower pheno, flavour and quality of smoke.
    3) grapefruit- short christmas tree pheno, flavour and yield.
    4) trifle - pink mmg pheno - looks and smoke.
    5) Uk cheese - because its worth it.

hopefully, will give a further insight into best strains out there at mo, in seed or cutt form.

cheers
    mr

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

strewth Guest

lol, nice thread swills and i'm chuffed my Trifle is up there an all

1, MMG Indica Pheno
    2, POG
    3, Arctic Sun (Cheese Pheno)
    4, Cindy 99 (i realy want that girl)
    5, not sure yet too many to choose from lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post:

Mr Swilly (11-06-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

pog number 2 eh? not done that.
    smokey good then?

strewth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Swilly View Post
    pog number 2 eh? not done that.
    smokey good then?
    lol, didn't realy go in order of pref, but yeh POG real nice mate, to be fair the Arctic Sun Cheese Pheno was delish an all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post:

Mr Swilly (11-06-11)

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,887 Times

i don't have a list but i have one plant i wish i had kept which was super lemon haze,i grew 5 out and 4 were a bit meh,but i had one that made up two thirds of my hole 4 plant harvest and was just the best smoke i've ever tried or grown still to this day,grew twice as fast as its sisters,it was intense lemon flavour with a prominant haze exhale taste leaving skunky odoursand was indeed super,however i'm confident that i'll find something that will blitz it into memory soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Adambomb For This Useful Post:

Mr Swilly (16-06-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
    i don't have a list but i have one plant i wish i had kept which was super lemon haze,i grew 5 out and 4 were a bit meh,but i had one that made up two thirds of my hole 4 plant harvest and was just the best smoke i've ever tried or grown still to this day,grew twice as fast as its sisters,it was intense lemon flavour with a prominant haze exhale taste leaving skunky odoursand was indeed super,however i'm confident that i'll find something that will blitz it into memory soon.
    That's the one I was hoping for, but only did one seed and got one of the 'meh' ones!

I might do few more if it's easy enough to find?
    don't get in trouble that you can't get out of...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Runner For This Useful Post:

Mr Swilly (20-06-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

Wish I had kept my Applejack,luckily I had 2 seeds and only used the 1,got it in flower atm,and a clone from it in veg
    Critical is damned good also,again luckily I have 1 seed left,1 in flower,and 1 in veg that I'll be cloning also.
    I like the sound and look of the Kandy Kush I have in flower atm too,again it was 2 free fem seeds,and yup,Ive still got 1

13. The Following User Says Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Mr Swilly (20-06-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Don't have 5 yet really, I have grown a fair few, but I know there is better out there than I Have grown.
    However, There out of what I have grown, the following are outstanding (IMO)

MMG.....if you like an uppy....here's your girl. caught a post on another thread about not being able to sleep on it...well, I'm with you on that one. Blinding plant, nice grow, great smell, & fantastic effect.

Tutankhamun (Pyramid seeds)...Great scrog plant, really nice big buds. Give it a month cure & bingo, sofas comfy & cadburys have my attention.

Mount Cook (Kiwi seeds)....BIG buds, fekkin HUGE in fact. Great fruity smell for most of the flower period, before either turning a bit dieseley or keeping the fruity niff.
    Of the 2 phenos, the fruity one has a great taste, but the diesely one....fuk me, I'm on it at the mo, & it's a heavy hit in the roor, I like lots..

Black Domina....really really dense buds, they were as solid as the end of a baseball bat, had to watch for rot, & even then got a tad, but again, give it a month in the jars...Mrs F throw whiteys on this like nobody's business, in fact a few of you have been on that "journey" with us if I recall, funny as fuk, but don't tell her I said that....

Galaxy (Pyramid seeds) ...right, this bugger hermied on me, 'bout 5 weeks early, GUTTED...if the Tut was a good scrog, this would have been a blinder, where the tut had around 26-27 buds above the screen, the galaxy had over 40. Had around 4 or 5 cuts that my bro took on, & each of those did the same thing, real shame, 'cos even chopping that early, the smoke was a belter, really buzzy, can only imagine what the final smoke would have been like.
    If I can be asses, I may try & find it from another breeder, after all the cuts went bloke in different environments I recon it was defo a genetic thing...

Christ, what a waffle, sorry,that's the Mt Cook for you...

TF
    Last edited by The Fringe; 20-06-11 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Indecision regarding the spelling of "whiteys", that quite frankly, is STILL going on....
    Just remember, there is a big difference between kneeling down, & bending over.... Frank Zappa
    The Fringe scrogs 3 Pyramids

Auto big devil grow

Mnt Cook & watering spike scrog

Fringes cellar project

The Fringe does Bubblicious

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Fringe For This Useful Post:

Mr Swilly (20-06-11)

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,887 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Runner View Post
    That's the one I was hoping for, but only did one seed and got one of the 'meh' ones!

I might do few more if it's easy enough to find?
    my mate got it in a pack of 5 too , so i'd say a 1 in 5 chance??worth a punt at 30 quid a pop.

spot on she was ,massive leaves 3 or 4x bigger compared to the other phenos,my jars still have a lemon hint to them a year and many crops later lol,good times good smoke.
    Last edited by Adambomb; 23-06-11 at 01:29 AM.