Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help needed - tips of leaves are drooping...

Thanks

Default Help needed - tips of leaves are drooping...

Can anyone help me diagnose what the problem with one of my girls might be ?

I watered them yesterday morning. One of them is seemingly fine, but she's flowering and it looks like she's going to be one big flower!

The other has multiple bud sites, but i've noticed that the tips of the leaves are drooping (see pics below).

I've recently changed to my red CFL but I don't understand why this isn't happening to the other plant. Nutes needed ? Something else ?

They're in 10l pots in JI #2 soil, they've been in that since the start. they're about 5 weeks old after poking through the soil. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here's a pic of the drooping (the brown tip in the foreground is where it touched the light )

Here's a pic of them both together, you can see how much better Curly (on the right) looks, although she's a lot smaller and doesn't have the bud sites that Wurly does!

Thanks

Are you feeding them any nutes at all? And if so what kind, what strength and how often?

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world." - Carl Sagan

"I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, mid-evening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-mid-afternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . ...But never at dusk." - Steve Martin

Thanks

Nope, nothing whatsoever.

Got some bio bizz and top max but not used anything yet.

Thanks

If you have them in the same pot for 5 weeks without feeding them they're defo short of dome nutes. If there are roots poking through the drain holes then you might also have to pot them up. Root bounding also causes nute lock-out. Be careful with ferts though, use only small amounts. There's a guide somewhere that explains how to use a variety of fertilizers without burning your plants to bits.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

check out the overgrow faq ( tab at top of forum) there a bit in there about the tips curling down like that

Thanks

According to other posts it's likely to be either overwatering or excessive nitrogen. They're in ji #2 so surely shouldn't definitely need nutes? Plus they're in 10lt pots, presumably they'll never need re-potting?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,934 Times

Shouldn't excessive N... seeing as he hasn't fed anything.... shouldn't be lack of nitrogen as they haven't gone pale at all....

What are your temps like??

and what is your watering schedule like? The other plant seems okay... what have you done differently with that one if anything at all?

edit - sorry and your ph!!
    Last edited by Sativa Steve; 15-06-11 at 03:07 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sativa Steve For This Useful Post:

rndusername (15-06-11)

Thanks

Temps can touch 30, but seem to hover around 27ish lights on, then around 18-20 lights off.

Watering every, roughly, 4 days. The last watering was Saturday morning! About 1.3l went in, maybe a touch more. I'm thinking that was too much, but if it was watering then surely she would have recovered slightly by now. Actually, looking back over my notes, this was starting to happen before I watered....

I tried a soil pH test, but I don't think I did it very well. It came out around 7-7.5 by the chart, but will do it properly tomorrow.

If pH is that high, could that be the cause ? There doesn't seem to be anything else wrong, and how come the other plant is seemingly fine ? I've not done anything differently to either of them.

I'm thinking of watering again tomorrow, roughly 1l each I think.

If it was pH, what could I do ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,934 Times

If the ph is 7.5 then yes that could be your problem, need to get an accurate read really mate...

All plants are different, some react diff mate.

You can use ph up + down to adjust the ph.... if your ph is too high or low, it stops the plant from taking up certain nutrients and that COULD be the problem.
    though the other plant seems fine, so it might not be that...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sativa Steve For This Useful Post:

rndusername (15-06-11)

Thanks

Knowing my luck I bet I get the same reading from the other plant!

Do you think it might do further harm if I start feeding them, or should I try and resolve this issue first ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast