Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KMT's First Hempy

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    you got a hole about 2 inches from the bottom for run off?
    Well yeah or else it wouldnt be a hempy haha..and I have hydroton in the bottom for good drainage.

Thanks

UPDATE:Good Growth(better than soil).I have been watering daily because its just perlite,but Im not complaining,I prefer to water daily & get good growth.

Thanks

Its only been a week in hempy since roots started showing..so far so good.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

hey kushminder nice to see another hempy grower

a couple of comments for you you will find if you add 30% vermiculite you will have to water less which is a real plus , you dont need clay in the bottom just perlite is fine but both work well
    im using coco hempys now (perlite res and all the rest just coco) and i water even less, ever three days in flower which makes it much easyer for me
    ive just been trying 100% clay balls it grows well but needs watering most days

the other important thing i found is when you water make sure you let a bit run through them or give them a good flush every few weeks or you will get a salts (nutes) build up and you will get a few dying leaves on the bottom of the plants and some strains can react badly to it,
    so flush untill the run of is the same ec as what you put in

any think you need to know just ash and if i can help you i will bro
    Last edited by Forest; 25-06-11 at 03:54 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

kushmindedtoker (25-06-11)

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    hey kushminder nice to see another hempy grower

a couple of comments for you you will find if you add 30% vermiculite you will have to water less which is a real plus , you dont need clay in the bottom just perlite is fine but both work well
    im using coco hempys now (perlite res and all the rest just coco) and i water even less, ever three days in flower which makes it much easyer for me
    ive just been trying 100% clay balls it grows well but needs watering most days

the other important thing i found is when you water make sure you let a bit run through them or give them a good flush every few weeks or you will get a salts (nutes) build up and you will get a few dying leaves on the bottom of the plants and some strains can react badly to it,
    so flush untill the run of is the same ec as what you put in

any think you need to know just ash and if i can help you i will bro
    Thanks for the heads up,and the good info,Im gonna start another hempy along side this one.Imma use 70% perlite nd 30% vermiculite.BlueDream seed.

Thanks

Looking nice buddy, am looking forward to your diary and I must say Hempy is a great way to grow and its rates of growth will amaze you... best of luck with the grow
    For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ulric wolfshead For This Useful Post:

kushmindedtoker (30-06-11)

Thanks

Had difficulties with ph been all un-balanced,but I figured it all out.Just re-potted to see diference nd Its easier to maintain everything but will re-pot 2 bigger once I get another one.But everything seems 2 be gettin better.Now Im waterin with just water with ph of 5.8..run off iz 6.0,I thought iz was nutrient burn(still think so)so Imma switch back to nute in 4 days nd give a smaller strent feed now.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

you did right thing to flush and re nute after a day or so buble you water for 24 hours before you use it it removes the co2 and the ph becomes higher but stable you will keep having the odd ph problems untill you do so ,

also dont get all bent up checking the run off all the time it will fuck you up it goes right up high with dead salts and unused salts but it isnt a good guide on what going on in buckets dont let them go to dry it spikes the ph and ec
    Last edited by Forest; 12-07-11 at 10:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2