Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High temps low humidity

Thanks

Default High temps low humidity

I have a small cab in my room that is getting really hot and dry its going over 100f and humidity is down to 30% sometimes. I cant get a Carbon fillter as i dont have the money or the space to hide it. iv got a fan and i spray warter in there as much as i can but its still pretty hot and dry.
    Will this affect my plants too much? As in will they die, grow badly, poor yeald ect. Also will they be eseyly seen by the piggies cos of the high temps?
    Oh ye im using a 125cfl
    Advice please
    Its the smallest cab on the right.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1749.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	59575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1750.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	59576
    Last edited by diablo; 30-06-11 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks

a dish of water in with them will help humidity a bit.

when mine was bad i had a shallow wide dish and a fan blowing over the top of it. Made a decent difference to humidity but i reckon you need some extraction to keep temp a bit better

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hooter For This Useful Post:

diablo (30-06-11), President Bush (14-07-11)

mellowed Guest

What or where is your extraction fans?

Thanks

u need to vent out the hot air with a pc fan or something. that light doesn't make much heat, 100f seems really hot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TubaLou420 For This Useful Post:

diablo (30-06-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellowed View Post
    What or where is your extraction fans?
    No extraction fans as im in a block of flats and want to keep the smell to a minimum. one of the guys upstairs came in to my room to set my net conection and one of the first things he said was "you bin smoking weed in hear" NOT GOOD it dosent smell outside my room but im still pretty para. im thinking about getting rid of the light and reflector and just hanging some 25w cfls with no reflector as i think its that is why its getting really hot.

Iv had the fan off for the last few hours and that has droped the temps to around 90f-30c not quite shure why any ideas?

The tray of warter thing is working a treet to humidity up to 45% now cheers Hooter.

Thanks

Mate rule number one is get a rhino filter its a must when growing.

mellowed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by diablo View Post
    No extraction fans as im in a block of flats and want to keep the smell to a minimum. one of the guys upstairs came in to my room to set my net conection and one of the first things he said was "you bin smoking weed in hear" NOT GOOD it dosent smell outside my room but im still pretty para. im thinking about getting rid of the light and reflector and just hanging some 25w cfls with no reflector as i think its that is why its getting really hot.

Iv had the fan off for the last few hours and that has droped the temps to around 90f-30c not quite shure why any ideas?

The tray of warter thing is working a treet to humidity up to 45% now cheers Hooter.
    Lol. Just having a fan on inside the cupboard blowing the air around is not going to do anything mate. You really need to get an extraction fan to suck out the hot air otherwise you are never going to get the temps down to a exceptable level. Even replacing you light and reflector with a few household cfls it is going to get hot not to mention reduce your yield to about 1g.

You don't need a carbon filter to have extraction, just cut a hole out of the side of the cupboard and screw a pc fan onto the hole and wire it to a phone charger, plug it in an then your temps will drop to a lot better level.

Thanks

He does need a carbon filter for the smell . Its a must!!!!!!

mellowed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mcgihon View Post
    He does need a carbon filter for the smell . Its a must!!!!!!
    Yes he does but the problem is high temps not strong smell.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

using a 125cfl
    thinking about getting rid of the light and reflector and just hanging some 25w cfls.
    This won't make any difference unless you also drop the overall Wattage. If you used, say, five 25 Watt CFLs for a total of 125 Watts then you'd still have to deal with the same amount of heat.

The only thing you can do to lower the temperature is install an extractor.

It probably hasn't, but it will have changed the heat distribution.

The reading you get will depend on where you take the measurement. Without the fan the heat will rise naturally towards the top of the enclosure, making that part hotter. Whereas using the fan will mix the hot air in with the cool making the temperature more even throughout.

Try measuring the temperature at different heights. If it's only too hot above the level of the canopy then it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Anonymiss; 30-06-11 at 10:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast