Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Old Bill Chopper...Am I being too paranoid?

Thanks

Default Old Bill Chopper...Am I being too paranoid?

I have a small grow tent in my shed, just the ordinary wooden sort with no insulation. At the minute I have 7 small plants (nearly 3 weeks from seed). I have a fan blowing in there, but I have noticed it can get very warm, especially since this nice weather we've recently had.

Well a couple of times this week, the chopper has been loitering around, really close to my house. Sometimes hovering directly above for a few seconds. I haven't been too concerned, because I live right in the centre of town, and I live on a main road that backs onto a council estate, which is known for burglaries, car crime, violence etc.

But tonight, it has got me slightly paranoid. I was sat watching TV about 1/2 hour ago, when I heard it again. So I looked out the window and could not see it, just hear it. I opened the front door, and it was directly above my head, not that far from the ground. I closed the door and went back inside, through to the kitchen and opened the back door. It there it was again, above the back garden where the shed is. I felt as though I was under surveillance. At this point my little girl had ran into the garden and was pointing at the chopper, calling me from my hiding place in the kitchen to go and watch the chopper with her. I was shouting for her to come indoors, but she wouldn't....just stood there pointing. By this time I was a nervous wreck, and just wanted to get her in but at the same time didn't want to go in the garden to get her.

If they was watching, then obviously they would of seen that I was avoiding to go outside after they had watched my daughter calling and pointing.

After a short moment they just sped off into the distance. So now I'm sat here waiting for the knock on the door! Or am I being paranoid? Is a 600w HPS really enough for them to detect and go get a warrant?

Maybe a neighbour or someone has got wind of something and reported me, but now the old bill think that they are gonna be smashing some big Vietnamese drug ring?
    and have my house under surveillance?? Or maybe they are just patrolling the council estate, but stopped above my house to perve on the 18 year old getting undressed across the road? Fuck knows what they are up to.....Infact, I don't give a shit about getting charged with a handful of cannabis plants for personal consumption, because I would tell these pompous old cunts on the bench, that these plants have been around way longer than them and any court or legal system on the land. And if I want to grow them, then I will, as just because its illegal, it doesn't make it wrong. The old bill don't intimidate me one bit either.

The reason I'm so bothered, is that I simply don't want to lose my plants! Also I'm seriously thinking about moving these ladies to a new home, where a friend can take care of them, but I don't want to do this if its unnecessary, its just too much hassle, and I don't want them stressed!

Also, the missus will kick my ass, if old bill come banging on the door at silly o' clock in the morning!

So, what's your opinions guys?

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

just act natural when you see it again,telling your daughter to come in may act a bit odd to the police..smile at them,wave even..lol
    is there much light coming out of the gaps when light is on? you could get it insulated..best thing to do..

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

Lol, yeah, I do need to act more casual when its around, but if there onto me the it wont make a difference anyway I suppose. No, there is no light escaping that I have noticed. And they have always came in daylight anyway, so what little light might be escaping, will never be noticed I don't think. I know its only a few babies I have, but they don't know that, and I'm wondering if they are watching me or not. Is a tent within a shed enough to contain the heat do you think?

Thanks

I've just googled the police force, and the chopper has its own website oscar99.org.uk. And it says its fitted with a FLIR Systems Star Safire HD camera system. Anyone know anything about these? The chopper covers quite a large area too, so its strange why it is so interested in the piece of sky above my bloody house, out of all the towns in the region!! I hate the thing!!!

Thanks

sheds tend to show heat without being insualted but you should be ok..its summer so I don't think it will show more heat then usual,,if you have extraction the heat from that will escape anyway inside the tent..if its quite a high crime city you live its more or less to do with that..hopefully

Thanks

they use hand held FLIR now as well so watch out outside as well..damn things..I hate them too

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,223 Times

Shit, just sat there for a minute thinking to myself, "Who's Bill Chopper?"!!! Am I being too stoned...??

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timothio For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (06-06-12), PieInTheSky (13-12-12), UsuallyWasted (01-07-11)

Thanks

LOL, "Who's Bill Chopper?" yep too stoned, roll another!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roxy002 For This Useful Post:

Relaxation (24-11-12), timothio (24-02-12)

blurry-vision Guest

Tricky one. The overwhelming chances are that it is nothing to worry about and as far as i know a tent within a shed should be enough, but it's easy for me to say that as I'm not in your shoes lol. When all said and done it just comes down to whether you want to take any risks at all, as clearly there is something to worry about however small that may be. I'd say if you have somewhere else to put them, then do that even if it is a bit of a ball ache. But once moved keep the light going (even if it is a bit of a waste of leccy look at it as paying for peace of mind) and see if anything happens then you'll know for sure that if nothing does it was all gravy in the 1st place. But that's just my advice, it's all down to yourself mate, play it as you see fit !

Thanks

Actually, after thinking for a minute. If they was watching, would they make it so obvious? Surely, they wouldn't want me to move everything before they come knocking?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast