Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spider Mites

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,030 Times

I'm quite into my biological controls in the greenhouse. I used Phytoseiulus persimilis last year in a tent late in flower and they did a good job muching on the mites.

Worth noting that they probably come suspended in tiny bits of vermiculite. Being a fire retardant and carcinogenic, probably best not to get it stuck all over your buds... I did and it took my forever to blow the dust and debris off. What a muppet. lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Earwig For This Useful Post:

King Chong (27-08-12)

Thanks

ive always used neem repel it work in a day or two depends on how bad u have it if its really bad i put the dose up a little never had a prob with it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bimble View Post
    Another organic option is : Organic Savona Fatty Acid Concentrate Spray....

I found fatty acid sprays to be:

A. Only partially effective, and they tollerate to it very quickly
    B. Troublesome to plant health, ie almost instant leaf wilting/curling

I gave plant vitality enviroclear and sorted, dead on impact, and it recovered my plants from the fatty acid spray, very quickly, I mean few hours

Pv seems to get bad press, but I well recommend

IDK if anyone said this already but i heard the lady bugs are a nice natural way to get rid of spidermites. saw a post on here with some pretty convincing before and after pics.
    GOOD LUCK

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Well my tuppence says the Phyto, Pers. variety of predator of spidermite and others boogers is that they don't work.

As regards other similar preds I really couldn't say but, Mr Bimble, in response to your post, did you use the Amblys or the Phyto Pers. as the latter are well known only to work when you have long veg times or 24/7 lighting as when under 12/12 their eating habits change completely as they no longer predate spidermite or any other booger.

I first got info about this a few years ago from Oldtimer1 who showed me the source of info which was scientific and probably university based as I'd asked him why my 4 x 2000 Phyto. Pers. did absolutely nothing on my 8 mature plants and I watched these bugs march about like little red killers and I thought they really looked like organic nano robots and well fit for purpose and so was really dismayed that they didn't do anything and for the reasons I found from what is accepted as a very credible information source
    and so thought I'd better pipe up as from my own personal experience they just don't work.

So I'd be interested if you could expand a bit mate on their effect as you saw it?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (03-09-12), spoonofinsanity (04-11-12)

Thanks

I heard ladybugs will eat spidermites and all sorts of other pest you dont want in your garden

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

help needed please, i have 2 grooms one with a plant 6wks into bud, one with 4 in veg 3 still babies ie 4wks from seed one thats been growing a while but i put back into veg due to it looking weedy lol yes i know no funny comments please, anyhow the question i have is having found spidermite on the larger of the 4 in veg groom im going to treat with spray,should i treat the one in bud also and if so as its on 12/12 should i treat just before lights out? thankyou for all your help so far and thankyou for helping,
    mrsj

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,408 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrsj View Post
    help needed please, i have 2 grooms one with a plant 6wks into bud, one with 4 in veg 3 still babies ie 4wks from seed one thats been growing a while but i put back into veg due to it looking weedy lol yes i know no funny comments please, anyhow the question i have is having found spidermite on the larger of the 4 in veg groom im going to treat with spray,should i treat the one in bud also and if so as its on 12/12 should i treat just before lights out? thankyou for all your help so far and thankyou for helping,
    mrsj
    Yeah I'd spray the lot myself, how far in to flower is the plant on 12/12 (just saw, 6 weeks)? Spray them just as the lights go out, otherwise
    the leaves can be burned. Turn the fans off when you spray and make sure you get all the plants, both sides of the leaves,
    and the top of the soil too.. Good luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles LM For This Useful Post:

mrsj (17-10-12)

Thanks

I just found a product by sierra natural. It is completely organic. They have a spray that is mite specific, they have a broad spectrum systemmic repellent and a broad spectrum insectacide that can be sprayed and drenched. They claim that with a one week flush the drench and sytemic will not harm humans. A week after applying the systemic I have fewer bugs. I hope it lasts.

Thanks

I also did not have this problem when my room had lady bugs, praying mantis, and spiders. I could see the young mites but those predetors kept them in check. I had a plant go hermie inside the buds and blew pollen all over so I cleaned the room out and killed all of the bugs. Unfortunately I had a clone with mites and with no predetors the mites over ran one plant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast