Thread: transaction from soil to coco

Thanks

Default transaction from soil to coco

hey dudes/dudets.

so iv'e not long completed my 1st grow and just doing the shopping for the 2nd, purchased a 1m parabolic, new ruck/filter and a 2nd tent.

i used soil for my first grow, got 14+ oz dry as a bone from 5 ladies. this grow i was going to try coco.

what i wanted to know. is it just the same senario as the soil? as in feed the same way? if i poured 2ltrs of ph treated, nuted water into the pot would the coco hold this water untill the rootes take it up? or do i have to slow the feeding down?

also can i use my existing nutes(ionic soil grow/flower/bloom)

ps i know the ph for coco is diff from soil, just thought i'd get that in there b4 someone else does lol.

cheers..............peace.............

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

yes you can hand water coco pretty much the same as growing in soil.
    are those nutes the soil and coco range ?
    Last edited by wert; 05-07-11 at 11:06 PM.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,108 Times

Hi mate, Coco look's like a highgrade soil but it works somewhat differently. It's an in-ert medium so you'll need to feed from the start.
    When it comes to watering, People do it differently in Coco, Some run a wet/dry cycle some dont. I preffer to not let the Coco dry out in flowering (watering once or twice a day) but in Veg I water every other day or every 3 days to allow the roots to grow and explore.

Get yourself some Coco nutrients for better results and to avoid any nutrient complications mate, Hesi, Grower's Ark and Ionic all work well.
    PH range 5.6-6.1 (5.8-6.0 sweetspot)

There's a Coco section here mate with some good info in it.
    Last edited by cocogrower; 05-07-11 at 11:14 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cocogrower For This Useful Post:

easterbunny (05-07-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocogrower View Post
    Hi mate, Coco look's like a highgrade soil but it works somewhat differently. It's an in-ert medium so you'll need to feed from the start.
    When it comes to watering, People do it differently in Coco, Some run a wet/dry cycle some dont. I preffer to not let the Coco dry out in flowering (watering once or twice a day) but in Veg I water every other day or every 3 days to allow the roots to grow and explore.

Get yourself some Coco nutrients for better results and to avoid any nutrient complications mate, Hesi, Grower's Ark and Ionic all work well.
    PH range 5.6-6.1 (5.8-6.0 sweetspot)

There's a Coco section here mate with some good info in it.
    cheerd m8, when i was feeding in soil it was feed feed water every other day. in coco do you consitantly feed or do i still give plain water once a week.
    Last edited by easterbunny; 05-07-11 at 11:32 PM.

Thanks

Your preference that is really mate, I read a lot of people feed for 6 days and flush for 1. I dont bother, Dont see the point. To me, Coco's a hydro medium so should be treated like one. Feedling daily works for me.
    I only every flush if there's a problem (over feeding or the like).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocogrower View Post
    Your preference that is really mate, I read a lot of people feed for 6 days and flush for 1. I dont bother, Dont see the point. To me, Coco's a hydro medium so should be treated like one. Feedling daily works for me.
    I only every flush if there's a problem (over feeding or the like).
    cool dude cheers, i'm looking at getting the full range of ionic coco and some pk13/14, anything else you think i can throw in the mix?

Thanks

Sounds good mate, Bit of Rhizotonic in veg for a bigger root system if you want but its upto you mate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cocogrower For This Useful Post:

easterbunny (05-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

^^^ wot he says.
    Uses very similar methods to me so he must be ok lolz.

Listen to cocogrower... - v experienced coco grower and v good at giving advice.

Ignore wert btw, he was born circa 1420.

Then again, that was a very good year
    Last edited by Azerbanphal; 06-07-11 at 12:37 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

cocogrower (06-07-11), easterbunny (06-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

thanks for the vote of confidence azer..................

Thanks

should i get the cana coco profesional + or cana coco natural?