Thread: Problem

Thanks

Default Problem

Guys please see the attached shot. Seedling stems lie down on the soil... Leaves on two seedlings have 'disappeared'. They break very easily.

Fact is, they got light quite late due to technical problems, bulbs etc. They have been under an ordinary bulb for almost a week after green leaves appeared... Any chance of rescuing these babies? HELP!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00137-20110706-1818.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	61003

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,125 Times

the pots are far too big for seedlings! and they are under a HPS bulb! 2 main things that will make them stretch that bad.
    i suggest much smaller pots and a blue spectrum bulb CFL or MH

strewth Guest

Get a twisty thing from a sandwich bag kit thing and very carfully support the seedling by straping it up (don't crush the stem), in a week or so all wil be good

Thanks

Default repotting

probably best if you disturb these as little as possible until they show signs of growing again. but do the light thing as previously suggested. when mine have gone leggy like these I 've sometimes propped them up until they revigour between two small rocks!
    Last edited by wilbur; 07-07-11 at 01:38 AM. Reason: omission