Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: water/nuts PH level for soil growing

Thanks

Default water/nuts PH level for soil growing

Hi.
    This is my very first post and i am proposing to try my first grow due to buying some of the complete rubbish thats about,i suffer with MS and have used cannabis for several years now to great benefit,i plan to use BioBizz all mix soil,and grow some Durban poison and or Jock horror as they are Sativa's which work best for me...
    i have done my homework and in the next month or so i plan to start,now here's my qustion please....
    i read that for Hydro growing the PH of the food should be between 5.8-6.2,for my proposed soil grow what should the PH level of the water be to feed the plants please,and also i assume you should check the PH after adding the nutes?.
    thanks in anticipation...

Thanks

Check the water ph before you put in the nutes, it will usually be the same all the time.
    Then when you add the nutes check it again.
    For soil try and keep the PH to 6.5,but a few points out will be fine
    If you are buying PH pen,try and get one that you can replace the probe,rather than buying a new meter every couple of years
    Last edited by cannagrower; 06-09-08 at 01:44 PM.

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

You don't need to worry about the PH of the nutrient solution when growing in soil as the soil buffers the PH so no need to adjust anything.Just be sure not to over-fertilize the soil as that can put the PH out and lock up some nutrients if the soil PH goes out of range(6.2 to 7.0PH),that can be sorted pretty fast by leaching/flushing the soil with fresh water.
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

4. The Following User Says Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

kimbo420 (26-10-10)

Thanks

Smile

allright sativa joe..
    sorry to hear about ur ms mate,my wife also suffers ms and benefits from smoking.
    i use biobizz allmix mate as u dont need to adjust ph and also dont need nutes for 4 weeks (most of if not all ur veg period).......good luck mate

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies,need all the help i can get at the moment,but determined to get this grow thing up and running,like i said fed up buying overpriced bud,and as always you hit a shortage now and then......
    hopefully will be germinating the seeds next week,so i'll keep you posted....
    PS.Acehigh,thanks for the comments,to be honest Cannabis has been the only thing that has worked for me,OK not a miracle cure,and i have pretty much tried all the "legal" alternatives with no joy,even my neurologist and GP know i use it with success,back to the old discussion though,if they could prescribe it,they both would.....
    maybe one day i hope....

Thanks

Did you know you can get a cannabis mouth spray called "Sativex" prescribed in UK, I think its for MS sufferers mainly, it'll be in Wiki, take a look. Unfortunately the government keep referring to this spay when asked to legalise weed on prescription, sayin all smoking is dangerous, although cigs are legal even though they have no useful benefits, crazy! I know its an old thread but maybe this will be useful for some1.
    Staffys

Thanks

run your water add your nutes. ph the mixture. Ideal = PH 5.8. Run water, add Miracle Grow. PH=5.5. Now thats the easy bit. Most water in the UK=7 to 7.5. Miracle Grow will drop all to 5.5 PH. Which is of course neutral
    Now what ratio MG as I,m calling it from now on is correct? Well you will be all surprised!!!. Lets have a vote.
    The PH Up and Down from the Hydro shops are very interesting, but after all its another chem!!.
    \really this is Organic forum. So lets go PM or email on this, if you want

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

ph 7.0 is neutral.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

True, I,m wrong. Still, 5.8 is the best as far as im concerned.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

6.5 to 6.8 is the ideal ph for soil.
    you should choose a soil with the correct ph and you will not need to ph the feed as marijuanamat said in his earlier post .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast