Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Germing your seeds using the paper towel method!

Thanks

Thumbs up Germing your seeds using the paper towel method!

Paper Towel Method!

1. Place one piece of paper towel or toilet paper onto a saucer, then place your seeds onto the paper towel and cover with another piece of paper towel and then lightly sprinkle the towels with luke warm (not hot) Brita filtered tap water (that has been standing for 24 hours) until all of the towels are wet/damp (not soaking). Then place a second saucer ontop of the first one and place the whole lot into a warm cupboard or alike.

2. Keep checking the towels every 4 to 5 hours to make sure they do not dry right out. If you see they are starting to dry sprinkle some more water over them until the towels are damp again and then replace the top saucer and place back in the warm spot. They can take from 24 hours to 5 days or sometimes even longer to germ so please be patient.

3. Once the seeds have sprouted and look like the ones in the picture you can plant them on. Be very careful not to touch or break the little white tap root.

Thanks
    Thanked 9 Times

I used to do the paper towell method until I saw a friend just take a glass of distilled water and drop the seeds in it. I check them daily and have been successful 90% of the time. Once you see a little white tail coming out of the seed, then you are ready to plant!

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TokeNchoke For This Useful Post:

buddebud (28-12-14), dannyp63 (23-12-12), Dody (11-06-10), ganjagirlgrows (26-11-15), nuttygrower (28-10-12), old skool smoker (03-05-14), PJR71 (22-04-14), quadspainrelief (23-12-12), whitewidow1 (09-03-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 6 Times

what size pots do you people put germinated seeds in ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TokeNchoke View Post
    I used to do the paper towell method until I saw a friend just take a glass of distilled water and drop the seeds in it. I check them daily and have been successful 90% of the time. Once you see a little white tail coming out of the seed, then you are ready to plant!
    That has never worked for me when i used to grow. It is so easy to drown them if you don't catch them as soon as they crack doing it this way.

But some things work better for others and some things don't when it comes to growing. This is why trial and error is best and you learn something to.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    what size pots do you people put germinated seeds in ?
    Small pot's and slowly work your way up (pot sizes) to build a nice root ball.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

Which way should the tap root face when you plant your see?
    Fear is not the natural state of mankind

Thanks

down m8, make a littel hole and put the tap root pointing down

LOOK MEAN NOW UPUT HIM IN THE RING AND HE SHITS HIM SELF POKE HIM WITH A STICK AND U WACH HIS BALLS GROW (BRICK TOP)

MY OUT DOOR DIARY TAKE A BUCHERS
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ead.php?t=9594

OUTDOOR- INDOOR GROW WHITE RHINO X CHEESE 2010
    [url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?23778-singal-white-rhino-x-cheese-garden-grow-(uk)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to THOMAS CHONG For This Useful Post:

firthofclyde (10-02-14), Relapse (22-09-11), spoiledreefer (01-05-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,111 Times

Thanks TOMBONG

Thanks

before you attempt to germinate any seedlings keep them in the bottom crisper drawer of your fridge for a few days
    this will make a BIG difference to the germination rate of older seedlings, actually any seedlings full stop

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to dj # For This Useful Post:

buck_nasty_ (30-09-15), BUDAllTheTime (28-09-10), discosevennine (16-11-14), firthofclyde (10-02-14), ganjagirlgrows (26-11-15), hairybuds (24-05-12), Mr Wallace (05-06-11), nuttygrower (28-10-12), quadspainrelief (23-12-12), scottym (16-03-15), She's-a-Lady (06-09-14), SkipMonroe (22-01-12), Suzi9mm (23-10-12), tlh2496 (23-09-12), Valentina (13-05-17)

Thanks

Thanks for this, just germed two 'chrystals'

Thanks

Default Having trouble germing these seeds

Hi there i'm after a bit of help with the above,last week i bought 4 fem seeds..2 greenhouse church and 2 lemon skunk and germed these the paper towel method as i always do with seeds,never ever had any problems germing seeds this way so i stick to what i know best..anyway i got these seeds last tuesday dropped em into a cup of water i had standing for 24 hours,next day these seeds had dropped to the bottom of the glass so i transferred them to the paper towel in between 2 plates n kept the said plates on top of my lamp to keep warm n huimid n hopefully germ so i have a taproot by the next day as usually applies....5 days later these seeds are still waiting to show any taproot,1 or 2 have cracked open bout 3 days ago but nothings happened since then and i'm still not seeing any taproots...
    As you can imagine i'm not impressed at all especially when i got my waterfarm coming tuesday n a bubbler bucket ready to go,basically i'm just gonna copy shark n other waterfarm grows but i spent so much this week on everything i need including the bluelab am fucked for sticking anything in this bubbler n waterfarm,can anyone tell me wtf am doing wrong with these seeds,do i sling em or keep em for how many days?
    When i ordered these seeds last weekend it cost me 18 quid for the 4 fem seeds including delivery,when i went back on there site monday morning i noticed that this certain seedbank that sold greenhouse seeds had put there prices up 3 quid on the individual seeds,will never buy greenhouse seeds again...am fuming

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast