Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Germing your seeds using the paper towel method!

Thanks

I've had one germ out of 4. Shit, eh? Wet toilet tissue method.

Can I start the germing process all over again? I was gonna stick them in water. Do I wait for them to sink? Should the water be warm? Thanks guys

Thanks

I put cold seeds in wet soil for 24 hours if they ain't cracked i then use me paper towel method, nice warm plate keep the plate quite warm throughout germ, lightly nuted water wet the paper towel place on top as well as underneath the seed-seeds, cover too blackout and that's it!!! i have had 100% so far but only done 14 seeds!!!!!! killed one pissed by trying to take its seed cover off as it was slow and im impatient.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maxbreak For This Useful Post:

poemsforsealions (19-09-11)

Ganja Noob Guest

Do the seeds need to be in a warm place to germinate or could i just put them in my kitchen cupboard

Thanks

Use a metal fox's biscuit tine with bog paper either side, really sock it, leave it and every time sucsess.... (although only about 16 seeds so far noob, so far though worked every time... longest a seed took was 2 days ..... and just sat on extraction fan above oven... I eat take out so heat wise really just room temp

Thanks

Hi Guys! New Starter Here! Experianced Smoker tho! lol!... Iv just recived my seeds! White Widow X Big Bud ...iv got a hydro set up so ill be using rock wool with clay pebbles... My plans are to germinate them using toilet tissue. Do you leave them in a dark place? warm place? ( Need some advice ) also when they crack and i get white root do i put this in rock wool? with lights or no lights?? Help

Thanks

Thanks

yeah theres no pots in nature nor hydro so should we not use?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,794 Times

Default My seeds

I used the cup of water method and all 4 of my white widow cracked 2 of 3 out of the free seeds i got with them cracked too then i put them in a paper towel over night to finish them up and they all had a nice lil taproot.

Thanks

There is no other way to germinate for me. Glad to see others are doing this to. The glass of water and germinating in soil techniques I never liked.

I use just one layer of a good quality paper towel across a plate, soak not drench it in 5-6 pHed tap water using eye dropper, place seeds on top and label them, put another single layer of paper towel over them, soak that piece then put a plate on top. I set it in my cupboard on top of a heat pad, but first I wrap the plate in saran wrap to seal in moisture, then for kicks I wrap it in tinfoil. I would only check them every 12 hours as with this method there is no fear of moisture drying up quick, although I do a mist them at 24 hours. The longest a seed took for me using this method was 36 hours. I have had 100% success with over 200 seeds in about 30 or so attempts. I'm a newbie but I help a friend grow and he only grew from seed and he grew a lot and I did the germinating. I do imagine the feminized high-quality seeds he always used had a lot to do with the 100% success rate.
    Last edited by straincrazy; 11-12-11 at 03:48 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to straincrazy For This Useful Post:

the4ce (25-04-13)

Thanks

i tried the damp paper towels in a tupperware box at just above room temp but nothing was happening after 36hrs so i put them into a small ziplock bag, and stuck it to the back of my fridge next day 100 percent germ rate

Thanks

So - I think I killed my seeds - need some help as I am now germing another (my last feminized auto) and I need a varitable jungle from it to make up..

- I managed to germ two seeds ok using the old PT's, but then (this is my first intentional grow) I think I may have done two things - firstly, I planted the germed seeds too early - the tap root was only about 1cm or less long - but deffinately there. How much of a factor is that?
    - Secondly I put my planted seeds in some 8cm pots with some new plant compost and Perlite mix in a small propergator housing, but put that on the window sill above the radiator. The thing is the window sill overhangs the radiator so they were not in direct heat. The room is kind of warm-ish but I think they got too cold and died (soil was cold to the touch). After several days of not seeing any action I dug them up and they are just the same - accidently knocked the root off one of them . I tried sticking them back in the warm fold of the paper towels but after 5 days, alas, they no grow. I'm still waiting on the delivery of my HPS (should be arriving tomorrow with any luck - 4 failed deliveries already...) so when it arrives I can set it up and give the new seed pot some heat.

- How warm should they be? Do you think that was the main contributing factor in their depressing and untimely demise? I've just checked on my seed and the tap is coming out (saucers are sitting on top of the radiator and moistness is checked every 5 hours or so) - so I need an swift answer. Cheers.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast