Thread: runoff ph is higher than it was before....why?

Thanks

Default runoff ph is higher than it was before....why?

set my ph to around 5.8 but after feeding this a.m I decided to check the runoff which is sitting around 6.2 so bit confused, why would it rise?

Thanks

Are you in hydro or soil? Water evaporation could be the factor in hydro.
    Like computer viruses, successful mind viruses will tend to be hard for their victims to detect. If you are the victim of one, the chances are that you won't know it, and may even vigorously deny it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Iceni Seeds For This Useful Post:

dirty dude (13-07-11)

Thanks

hempy bucket so passive hydro, does evap cause higher ph sometimes then? is that because the water evaps quicker than the nutes contained within then?

Thanks

Ok, yes & yes. your learning fella. Also remember to let the ph swing from 5.5 to 6.2 or there abouts for all the elements to be absorbed by the plant. Goodluck
    Last edited by Iceni Seeds; 13-07-11 at 03:25 PM. Reason: ph swing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Iceni Seeds For This Useful Post:

dirty dude (13-07-11)

Thanks

ok thanks for the info mate, so the fluctuation between 5.5 - 6.2 wont cause nute lockout?

Thanks

anyone answer that for me ^^ I dont know much about this hydro lark lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

are you letting you water stand for 24 hours or even better bubble it for 12 or more hours, then the ph will stabilise, you should fine once bubbled it will make the ph higher but stable, then when you sort it for feeding it will be more stable mine changes from 7.0 out of the tap to 8.4 once bubbled until i did this i had some lock out problems,

also ph will go up slightly in hydro as the plants use the feed more so in veg than in flower, so ive found,

all so if you feeding to much it can go down because the plants will drink the water but leave the nutes behind, and the buffers keep the ph low with the high concentration,

dont get all bent up over the run off on hempys it not a good rep of whats going on in the buckets once you have got you water ph stable you will be fine, feed low at no more than 1.2 ec you dont need much more than that the last two week of flower give em more say around 1.4/1.6
    hope this helps

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

dark elementz (08-04-14)

Thanks

thanks gman, I dont have an ec pen, didnt bother getting one in the end lol. Am hoping Ill be alright without one (this could be a suicide mission!?) the plants seem healthy enough, there are some spider mites but luckily because I had them on my last grow I was on top of it this time and dosed them up with neem oil so I will repeat the spraying here and there to take care of the eggs that have yet to hatch.
    My water is always left to sit to release the chlorine so maybe its raising due to evap or plants not feeding enough then.....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

hi m8 i added a bit to that last post
    bit left it to late to post in ive cut it and
    ill add it here
    ec pens? well to be honest i would get one the cheap ones from ebay last well 12 quid or so i think worth it to know whats going on
    if you following the guide on the nute bottle ive found it far to much i half what ever they say
    you still mat be fine on what they say but why use so much when you dont have to
    here the cut and paste
    no it wont cause lock out its good to move the ph between 5.5/6,3, around 6.2 is what hempy finds works
    but if you driff it around your do fine, dont get bent up on getting it spot on each time just around that figure is good enough

are you letting you water stand for 24 hours or even better bubble it for 12 or more hours, then the ph will stabilise, you should fine once bubbled it will make the ph higher but stable, then when you sort it for feeding it will be more stable mine changes from 7.0 out of the tap to 8.4 once bubbled until i did this i had some lock out problems,

also ph will go up slightly in hydro as the plants use the feed more so in veg than in flower, so ive found,

all so if you feeding to much it can go down because the plants will drink the water but leave the nutes behind, and the buffers keep the ph low with the high concentration,

also dont get all bent up over the run off on hempys it not a good rep of whats going on in the buckets, once you have got you water ph stable you will be fine, feed low at no more than 1.2 ec you dont need much more than that the last two week of flower give em more say around 1.4/1.6
    hope this helps you will get a salt build up in the buckets if you see any problem dont throw more nutes at it flush your bucket untill it runs off with a low ec .8 or lower and start feeding after the flush water has been used up by the plant and start refeeding
    to flush try and tip the bucket on it side to tip out the first flush form the hole, or you will be there for ever trying to get the higher concentration of nutes out the bucket , i take mine out side and use the garden hose make it quicker for me ,

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

dark elementz (27-05-14), dirty dude (15-07-11)

Thanks

thanks bud, will see if I get any spare dosh and might order one up