Thread: i think i have overfed

Thanks

Default i think i have overfed

hi, first grow so need some help.. growing some white rhino from seed and 1 week from sprouting they are in the grow tent under the 400hps at full distance. i fear i have overfed as i was told to feed them around 1.8ec, from this age.. so was doing this for a few days, anyway i noticed them curling UP on themselves but still growing. so i put ec down to 1.4 for the last couple of days, but they are still showing the same symptoms..
    please help on what i should do?

Thanks

Some photo's of the plant would help.Need more info than what you have said.are you in soil hydro,what's your ph ???.what kind of feed you giveing them.
    I have nothing but time man. There it is. TIME. Something everyone has. Just gotta know how to use it!
    Mixed grow log https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070814207

Thanks

hi ,cant get hold of pics but heres some more info:

im growing in rockwool using i think the fllod and drain, where it pumps the water from the tray to the above tray where the plants sit and then drains down again.
    my ph was started at 6.4 from day 1 and i got it down but after changing the water and i check yesterday mornin it was at 7 so i got that down to 5.9/6.0. i have been feeding them IONIC since they went under the light.

Thanks

ANY help on this please....

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

Sorry for the slow reponse mate. Did try yesterday but had computer problems. I think they need a good flush. Feed them nothing for a day or two and see if they pick up. Therefore JUST ph adjusted water to 5.8ish.
    If you see them pick up then slowly introduce nutes again.
    Without pics can;t help you anymore than that - sorry.
    Work to live life. Don't live life to work!!!!!

Thanks

if you overfeed you will get nutrient lockout, the internodes will shorten and the leaves will curl, you need to use a low EC in a flood and drain system compared to other hydro systems like nft etc. try running your system at 1.0 EC for a week or so. with 5.8 ph. dont flush them with just water or they will get the overwatering effect. plants do not like big swings in conditions.

Thanks

ok, i have done that so far,, but how often should i turn the pump on for feed and for how long as iv been gettng loads of different answers for this?

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovethedank View Post
    ok, i have done that so far,, but how often should i turn the pump on for feed and for how long as iv been gettng loads of different answers for this?
    Hello mate. 2 weeks ago I would have said every 4 hours (6 times in a 24hr period) but mine are'nt liking that this time around and I have reduced it every 6 hours (4 times) and am even thinking of going to 3 if still no great improvement. I would say try every 6 hours to start and see how you get on.