Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pics of my 1st bucket grow attempt

Thanks

Default pics of my 1st bucket grow attempt

Just thought Id share these with you and see what you think. Considering they were all stretched and pathetic looking I think they are doing ok now. You will see in my square red bucket Ive got two plants in there to save room in my small space.
    Ive been feeding regularly with plant magic grow and bloom nutes and recently been mixing a bit of topmax in to help with flowering.

They've been in flower for about 2 weeks now (nearly 3) and I paid nowt for the seeds as doublezero sent me some via his free seeds who wants some thread and some were donated by a friend. They are mixed up now though and I dont know which is which but 3 look the same and one is a lighter green than the others and leaves slightly fatter. Im not bothered anyhow, I just hope they will all produce lots of bud for me!

They look a lot healthier green colour than the pics make out but they have some spider mites at the mo which Ive started treating with neem oil, not worried about the mites, I got rid of them before and I will again

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Nice looking plants NM, are they in soil? Good luck with the mite problem.
    All good things
    TDA

3. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

dirty dude (17-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

sweet nm they look good are these the hempys with grit in ?

Thanks

gman- yes mate they are the ones as you can see Ive taken the lower growth off for more air movement cos the plants are taking up a lot of room in my grow space plus they were pathetic little branches anyway so not much point keeping them as they wouldnt get f all light.
    cheers

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

doing good..think it could be soil with lots of perlite and mixture of grit

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    doing good..think it could be soil with lots of perlite and mixture of grit
    mine do have a little tiny amount of soil in as well as a slim bit of perlite but about 90% potting grit which is a dark brown colour. One hole in each bucket drilled at around 1.5 - 2" up from the bottom to form the overflow and create a resevoir. Sometimes I feed daily and sometimes I leave for a couple of days before feeds, this is just to make sure I get some extra roots growing into the res and to make sure they get a good old drink now and again. Hopefully it is working the way I think it is! the leaves are a nice dark green healthy colour still apart from that one plant thats a lighter green, but this one still looks healthy

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

if you shown that hole it would be easier to say it was a hempy
    what's the run off like? ph and ec mate?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

dirty dude (17-07-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    if you shown that hole it would be easier to say it was a hempy
    what's the run off like? ph and ec mate?
    apart from I shown these pics in the hempy bucket section? lol. Spose I could be posting in here by accident though so you do have a point!
    the runoff ph sits higher but as its been pointed out to me already, this could be due to evapouration where the water evaps quicker than the nutes so ends up a bit nute rich with higher ph.
    as for ec I dont have a clue mate, im not using an ec pen and dont have one, Im prob risking it a tad but its an experiment really just to see if I can still manage to grow them without one...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dirty dude For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (17-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

ive found the run off isnt a fair way to tell whats going on it gets so high in ec with the dead salts and unused nutes it can get you all bent up for no reason do you find the same nm and up 2? when i do a final flush it off the scale on my bluelab but plants do fine like that

Thanks

Not sure gman but your prob right, my ph water/feed goes in at the right ph and comes out higher but the plants are doing fine so I reckon your correct. I could prob do with flushing mine to make sure I get rid of the buildup, I was thinking when I fed them this a.m that I should flush maybe on my next visit to the grow space

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast