Thread: Flushing in a hempy

Thanks

Default Flushing in a hempy

How long does one flush in a hempy bucket before harvest.

my EC has been between 1.2 and 1.6 during flowering (was slightly higher in veg 1.6 - 1.8)

Buds are rock solid and I have 19 days left....

any advice would be appreciated, cheers in advance.
    For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack

Thanks

I would like some info on this too, Im about ready to flush but I wanna make sure I do it properly..... cant believe no one has answered this post ^^

Thanks

at a guess would say say as for most other ways of growing, plain water for the last 2 weeks or so, just a guess though, sure someone out there has a definitive answer?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

some people flush for only 3 days in hydro ,reason being the plant is only being fed water and will quickly use up the stored nutes.
    others flush for up to 2 weeks until the leaves go yellow and have hardly any chlorophyll left in them .
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

you need a good two weeks in hempys ive found as there such a build up of nutes in them (that may just be dead salts ether way if you check the ec of the run off you will know what i mean) or if you put on hose in the bucket and run plenty of water though it and or several times hold the bucket up on it side drain hole down and let the water run out you will get all the build up out a lot quicker and get closer to your background water ec ready for your flushing period ,
    if you tip them on their side its a lot easier to get all the nutes out for sure
    other wise if you just use time to do your flush and not use loads of water to start it , you will need at least two weeks flush and even then i wasn't happy about the amount of nute's left in them,
    after two weeks some of mine were still not showing signs of yellowing they could of done with three weeks i didnt flush out with any water before starting the flush that first run, i did after that run and much better results nicer smoke
    good method of growing though ive run them a few times

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    you need a good two weeks in hempys ive found as there such a build up of nutes in them
    is it important to PH adjust the flushing water? as you said to flush for at least 2 weeks, would this not stress the plant with the high PH, my tap water is around 7.0 give or take a tenth or two either way.

ive already poured 2 litres of un PH'd water thru my hempy

appreciate any replies

Weedfarmer

Thanks

Not sure on the ph, I would say stick to the 5.8/6.2, that is what I do. Ph is generally for the plant to readily uptake nutrients. So bad ph=bad nute uptake. So flushing is no nutrient uptake except h2o. Stick to adjusting ph.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

you not feeding the plant so there no need to ph the water your letting it drink and its using up the stored nutes in the plant