Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can i use fish tank drops to remove chlorine?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

sounds like a little nute burn, has your ec been getting higher rather than lower after 24 hours ? how old are plants ? the way i work it is starting off with a weak solution , say 0.4 ec then when it reads 0.3 then i know there taking nutes as well as water so i,ll take her up to 0.5 and so on if its reading 0.5 from 0.4 then i,ll add water to take her down to 0.3 until they are happy, maybe with your ec having such a big change laterly then thats probably the reason for it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

farmerdave (31-07-11)

Thanks

Well they are 2 weeks from seed and 2 days ago I thought I'd give em their first taste of nutes as they were looking yellow and crap, so in went the truncheon and it was 0.9 which was confusing, so I posted on here and no reply so being a newb who really wanted to see some nice green new growth, i put in some ghe to take it up to 1.2, to high I know but with only 0.3 of that being feed I thought it would be ok till i put a fresh res in today, im such a tool.

Do you think I shud just change the res today and leave the nutes for a couple of days now ive cocked it up, my background e.c. is 0.4 btw

Btw ec has stayed the same , but I have been putting silicone in dont forget, also doesnt nute solution running through clay pebbles lower e.c, I got no roots in the res so shud I still see the plants using or putting nutes back? Really appreciate the help so far pal BIG help
    Last edited by farmerdave; 31-07-11 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

i,d change the res if it was me and i,d set the ec 0.5/0.6 ec but don,t add ph to your water until you,ve added your nutes as the nutes usually buffer your ph level to a reasonable setting, i never use ph up or down as my nutes set it just nice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

farmerdave (31-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Without conditioner, you should wait 8 hours. Of course, you can boil the water, and get rid of the chlorine right away. just a thought

7. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

farmerdave (31-07-11)

Thanks

Will do pie man and thanks again, stains what do you mean conditioner? Tropical fish tank stuff to remove chlorine and heavy metals? And I will leave it at near to 8 hrs as i can then because boiling 100ltrs of council pop is gonna be tricky lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

hi farmer.. fish tank droppings/conditioner. 100 ltrs of council pop would need a coldron or 2 of boiled water lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

farmerdave (31-07-11)

Thanks

So the conditioner stuff is fine to use then? I thought if its ok for tiny delicate fishes it wouldnt do any harm but wasn't sure what it would do to my nutes, cheers stains

12. The Following User Says Thank You to farmerdave For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (31-07-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2