Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can i use fish tank drops to remove chlorine?

Thanks

Default Can i use fish tank drops to remove chlorine?

I know its probably not the best idea, but ive gotta do a reservoir change today and it probably holds over 100ltrs and theirs just no way I can store it and then get it upto the attic. So its gotta be hose piped straight up until I can sort things out.

I know this shud be in hydro but its quiet in their and i could really use some help guys and gals

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

How bad is the chlorine mate? Is it drinkable tap water, if so I wouldn't worry about it. If you can drink it then im sure you can grow a plant in it. Besides which, aeration and agitation of the water will soon dissipate it. Im not sure about using fish drops, i'd be worried they would interfere with the nutes same as it does with the chlorine.

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

farmerdave (31-07-11)

Thanks

Cheers prime, Just tap water mate but everyone on here always lets their water stand overnight, but gettin the stupid amount of water my diy recirc dwc holds up into the loft is a nightmare, no fish drops then lol

Also while ive got such a respected hydro grower looking in ive got another question for ya if u be so kind, how has my e.c. gone up from 0.4(background e.c.) to 0.9 even tho ive added no nutes, only ph down and up(the silicone stuff) coz I put a bit too much down in, noob lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

can you not drain your system , put the water straight in and keep pumps off for a few hours till the chlorene dissapates and hand feed them ? you did,nt say what system you were using, sorry i see now your using dwc
    Last edited by Murdock; 31-07-11 at 12:19 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

farmerdave (31-07-11)

Thanks

Aup pie man its a home made recirculating dwc system, yeah I can syphon it out easy enuf, just that I was under the impression tap water shud be stood over night but i gotta hose pipe it straight up into the loft, the system holds about 100ltrs and is proving to be a logistical nightmare, hand feed is a good idea mate will about 6hrs be long enuf for the chlorine to dissipate?

Any ideas on my e.c. problem aswell pie man? Cheers pal
    Last edited by farmerdave; 31-07-11 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks

yea i,d say 6 hours would be fine, does,nt take that long for chlorene to dissapate, i,d go as long as you can but 6 hours should be fine

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

farmerdave (31-07-11)

Thanks

Top man, cheers, any ideas on my fooked up e.c. problem I mentioned matey?

Thanks

only thing i can think of is you,ve added too much down then had to add up to get the right ph, see how it works after your res change, bring her down to 5.5 and let her sit there see how your ec is then

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

blazefor20 (31-07-11), farmerdave (31-07-11)

Thanks

Same conclusion I came too pie man, only other thing I could think of was the root riot cubes have nutes in and it was that washing through but with such a big res it seemed unlikely, also I wasn't certain that silicone ph up even added e.c. lol so when ive got a fresh res in I'll add water not ph up if i put abit too much down in lol

Another question for ya then pie man(or anyone lol) leafs curling down with yellow tips that turn brown, any ideas?

Thanks

Double post
    Last edited by farmerdave; 31-07-11 at 01:10 PM. Reason: mobile retard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast