Thread: London hotels?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Default London hotels?

'lo all!

Headed down to Bestival soon, and going to be staying over in London for a day beforehand. We'll be staying in London on the 6th and 7th of September, and looking for a hotel near Luton airport the first night, and one near Waterloo the second. Either that, or somewhere fairly central that we can book two nights at(get in pretty late on the 6th, so it'd need to be a fairly big chain or have a late check-in.)..

Where's good 'n' where's cheap? Google's not much help, and I figure I'd get a better answer from some of you London dwellers

strewth Guest

You gonna be getting the train to london??

Don't think i would wanna stay in Luton to be fair

3. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (31-07-11)

Thanks

Nah, flying down - so anywhere near the airport(Luton) would be good I spose.. But that's purely because I'm lazy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

Plenty of cheap airport hotels at Luton. You'll get a double room r/o for about £30-£50 per night.
    As DZ says, Luton it's self is a hole.
    Get on to Easybook.com or Booking.com and you'll find plenty b&b/guesthouses/Hotels for decent prices.
    London like anywhere has it's fair share of shithole accommodation and you really do get what you pay for so beware of extremely cheap places.
    The sites I mentioned also have reviews from other guests that have stayed previously , this'll give you a better gauge of the standard.
    Cheers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Lost Soul For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (31-07-11)

Thanks

The cheapest hotels in london are around kingscross. Loads of availability and cheap. But its kingscross and not exactly up market. The little stalls outside the tube stations are good, you get them selling off reservations that have been paid for but the buyers have pulled out. You can end up in a smart hotel for a good price but its a bit of a gamble on the day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lambert29 For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (31-07-11)

strewth Guest

If your looking for a night out the day you fly down, St.Albans has a ton of pubs (used to have the most per square metre/mile or something) There is defo a pub there for everybody.........I used to get the train there for many a session in my youth lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (31-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Ask cock......oh hang on !

Sorry Im no help at all infect everytime I go Manchester I stay at the malaison , it's a little tiny winy teeny weeny bit pricey but is worth it here's a link to the London 1-
    http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&ai...063420%3Bws%3D
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

AquaKaDabra (31-07-11), Eggbox (31-07-11)

Master Poet Guest

Eggy, Luton isnt anywhere near London mate, god knows why they call it London-Luton airport. If it were close I'd offer you a bed for the night, the offer is still open if you want it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (31-07-11)

In a cramped cottage in a wood sharing with 6 others.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,453 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Eggy, Luton isnt anywhere near London mate, god knows why they call it London-Luton airport. If it were close I'd offer you a bed for the night, the offer is still open if you want it.
    With 'free cock' on your avatar not sure he will take you up on the offer for a bed for the night!!

As said Luton not really near London about 25 miles away though there are good train links again as said on same train link is St Albans nice little place if you are venturing out, if not then one hotel is as good as another and whether the place is a hole or not is irrelevant .

Have fun.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MR Grumpy For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (31-07-11)

Thanks

Cheers everyone Will go have a look at some of those places in a bit.

Was going to look at staying with someone, but we'll be running around meeting folks all day/night and will have all our crap for taking to Bestival - so it'd just be easier to get a hotel(according to the Missus..) Cheers though!

Last time I was down there we got a bloke called Buzz to find us a place after arriving at one of the train stations at about midnight.. He was one of the previously mentioned blokes in the paper stalls outside the stations. Worst comes to it and we'll just go and find one of those fellas