Thread: Watering - how many litres ?

Thanks

Default Watering - how many litres ?

Hiya everyone was wondering when you water your girls out in the field how much water do you put down. 5/10/15/20 litres per plant ?
    Got a big jerry can and I'm going to put down a good bit of tomorite and some chicken pellets on top just to ease them through the next few weeks of hopefully good sun. Then flowering nutes but thats beside the point

Thanks

I can't send pm's cus i haven't got a post count of 50 yet mate, but to answer your questions in PM...

Yes mate all that sounds good, when trimming bottom leaves, do it in stages and ONLY in veg, taking leaves off during flower causes too much stress, and taking off too many at a time also causes stress which will herm or male your plant.

but other then that it sounds spot on mate.

I would advise on some bonemeal worked into your soil prior to transplanting, this will save alot of nuting during veg, and will provide some P for flower also.

Good luck on it bro.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to THC Guerilla For This Useful Post:

solar (02-08-11)

Thanks

brilliant mate, so i can do some trimming now.
    also reckon you could answer the above question lol.

Thanks

Umm about watering? I just water as much as i personally think they require... it's a difficult one to say... you need to use your own initiative to guess how much it needs... and how established the plant is and how much it can take etc...

obviously the babies will require less and often, and the monsters will need alot more but less of the time....

That probably doesn't help much lol, but i'm sure you'll be fine mate. try to water in the evening if possible, so the heat doesn't dry up the water before it can be sucked up by the bitches.

Thanks

outdoor sativa can pump about ten litres a day in the ozzie summer. so if you work on that as a max for you ... you could try to give them 20 litres! more won't hurt. I don't think it's possible to overwater a soil grow if drainage is ok.
    this stripping leaves business is entirely irelevant to anything! nature put the leaves there, did it not? well, why remove them? control freaks! that's why!
    your watering needs will drop off noticably when yr plant begins to flower, so go easier then.
    also when flowering begins yr nutes need to decrease N to a very minimum (some foliar sprays for flowering have as little as 1 of N) up yr P a little, and up yr K a lot. make sense? cheers!

Thanks

cheers all

Thanks

Overwatering damages plants and causes root rot.

10cm plant with 1 stem i would say you could get by on 200ml everytime the soil looks dry.
    Obviously the bigger the plant the more needed 20 litres would be for a monster like 2m x 2m x 2m
    5 litres .5m x .5m x .5m
    3 litres 1.5m x.5 x.5 -- this is more likely your standard outdoor plant

Thanks

only causes root rot if you don't have decent drainage, an outdoor grow should have excellent drainage.

Thanks

edit -- 5 litres .5m x .5m x .5m should be 1 litre damn weed lol