Thread: Water Chiller Cooler! Hydro Res Temps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,125 Times

Default Water Chiller Cooler! Hydro Res Temps

as the title says i have just bought myself a 160w hailea water chiller for my DWC
    my res temps were around 24c and thatll be prone for rootrot in a later stage!

has anyone used one of these before.?
    how do they setup.? straight forward etc.

just want members output of these.?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Never used one mate, although interested in one though for my res controller I'm building.

24c is a decent temp, I think it is in the temp range for max dissolved oxygen. I'm sure my res temps are all over the shop these days but roots look fine. Try not to worry too much. I do understand your concern though.

Thanks

yeah mate i checked today and my res temp had creeped up over night to 25c.
    im going through 10 frozen bottles a day while lights are on keeping temps between
    21-24c. its not worth the risk. root rot can ruin my whole crop. rather be safe than sorry

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

You'll find the problem is nearer the start of growing like the first 3-4 weeks. Once the plant is like 1ft tall or so, the problem goes because of course the light is gradually raised up, so the heat isn't so intense on the bubbler.

If it makes you feel any better, on my first DWC grow, the water in the res was frequently "bath water" temps, so that must be like 34c. I just made sure I had frozen bottles in the freezer to knock it down. Be careful with the frozen bottles aswell while the roots are just making it to the res as the bottle bobbing around broke the tap root on one of them, I ended up not growing that plant as she had a multitude of problems after that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Denzil For This Useful Post:

ChronMan (02-08-11)

Thanks

does res temps get hotter then grow room temp or stay the same????

Thanks

the hottest my res temps have been is 25c. that was with a cfl.