Thread: Anti depression strain ?

Thanks

Default Anti depression strain ?

Hi there THC talk

I need advice on the best strains that will help my depression.

Ive been suffering from depression most of my life but only in the last 2 years was I diagnosed with it.

in these 2 years since then ive been on Citalopram, Prozac, and currently taking Venlafaxine.

I really hate them and they cause more problems than they cure
    im trying to come of Venlafaxine but I get really dizzy spells if I miss one day without it

symptoms I get are:

Tiredness
    loss of sexual desire
    insomnia
    constipation
    bad dreams

I'm currently growing blueberry strain in hopes of it helping me and getting of these freak meds.

But I'm not so shure this is the right strain for me, I cant smoke sativas as they make me extremely paranoid and i freak out which is why I've opted for indicas.

Please advice thanks in advance

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Skorchem View Post
    im trying to come of Venlafaxine but I get really dizzy spells if I miss one day without it

symptoms I get are:

Tiredness
    loss of sexual desire
    insomnia
    constipation
    bad dreams

I'm currently growing blueberry strain in hopes of it helping me and getting of these freak meds.

But I'm not so shure this is the right strain for me, I cant smoke sativas as they make me extremely paranoid and i freak out which is why I've opted for indicas.
    You need to taper off the anti depressants, might need to try alternate days cutting dose. What are you on at the minute? IS it the XL version?

Anti depressants can be very troublesome but also necessary. Have you considered St Johns Wort? I done mean to make assumptions but generally depression is a symptom of some deeper problem - sort out the problem sort out the depression.

I find Indicas less para causing too. You might find some ideas here:

Medicinal Strains

Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

needsmust (12-04-12)

mellowed Guest

As nuube said a indica causes less paranoia but also chopping a plant with no clear tricomes will stop paranoia when stoned aswell.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

needsmust (12-04-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

A good strong KO indica for sleep, a good nights sleep every night will help a lot.. (well matured as mellowed said, immature weed with clear trichomes will allow you to sleep, but a part of your brain that needs to won't! street weed will be much more this way!!)
    Adding to what Francs said A hobby or/and physical activity is great for depression, Hitting the weights, getting out on my bike, helped me early on.... and growing as a hobby all helped me helped me greatly when I split up with my long term misses JUST as I was coming out of my depression!
    Also a healthy diet, not dieting just eating better foods, cut some of the take aways, swap white bread for brown, try to lower added sugar, processed food AND drink, more pure juice and veg, less alcohol and caffeine etc etc etc etc

Master Poet Guest

This thread is a YEAR old ffs, I think he may have sorted things by now, no?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    This thread is a YEAR old ffs, I think he may have sorted things by now, no?
    I hope so!
    lmao! I didn't even notice!

Thanks

thanks mate