Thread: The big cover up! white widow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Default The big cover up! white widow

hi there, i need to just run my plans past all you pro's out there. i have decided to build a sort of make shift green house come canopy. please see attached photo and let me know if it is a good idea or not!

with the weather being awful and only the odd day of sun i see no option but to build this roof type assembly as i am pretty sure heart break and budrot are in the post. it has been confirmed that the big white widow is a girl, pushing out all her white hairs.

there is only one thing i am not too sure about. i plan to use some of those clear plastic corrugated sheets like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corrugated...5#ht_592wt_905

are they going to let the sun penetrate through to the plant?

many thanks ppl, tob...

my very sketchy sketch....

FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

They should work, but you might do better with that flat, twin-wall polycarbonate stuff, which usually has superior light-transmission characteristics.

I'd probably also allow some sort of ventilation at the top of the enclosure, to avoid it getting too hot (if it gets direct sunlight). This might not be an issue with the corrugated sheets though, unless you block up every arch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (13-08-11)

Thanks

yeah you will need good ventilation or the the humidity will shoot up causing rot

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daval For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (13-08-11)

Thanks

hi peeps, yes sorry my pic is not good at all. the idea was to leave atleast half the panelling off allowing air to get in. also i would leave the ends open on the sheets. am i best to just have the top sheets and no side sheets. the idea is only to keep direct rain off the soon to be buds..and when not raining remove the entire assembly, all the best tob

Thanks

Yeah the high humidity will cause as much if not more rot than the outside weather. I have found its not so much the rain that is the prob but more the misty air and high humidity . I have blue cheese outdoor but i have been bringing them in and out of the shed doing 12/12 with them for an early harvest but mould is now playing its part and thats just from the shed! So yeah as said think about ventilation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daval View Post
    yeah you will need good ventilation or the the humidity will shoot up causing rot

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lambert29 For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (13-08-11)

Thanks

oh no you have budrot already, sorry to hear it m8. so i may be best just having a big ceiling of sheets and no sides at all for ventilation!...but if it is purely down to the moisture content in the air then i'm pretty much stuffed any way i guess. all the best, tob

Thanks

Yeah but bare in mind the strain i am growing is really prone to bud rot. Your strain may not be to bad ? Yeah some of my lower leafs had some mould and i have lost a quarter of a cola on 1 plant.And i snapped a branch and where it snapped has started to rot. But the good news is it will be done in 2wks so fingers crossed things will be ok. Im checking them regularly now
    Quote Originally Posted by tobysmoker View Post
    oh no you have budrot already, sorry to hear it m8. so i may be best just having a big ceiling of sheets and no sides at all for ventilation!...but if it is purely down to the moisture content in the air then i'm pretty much stuffed any way i guess. all the best, tob

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lambert29 For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (13-08-11)