Thread: bud rot

Thanks

Default bud rot

hi i am new on here and on my second grow, i have read around about bud rot but could anyone help ,what starts bud rot ,have i over watered or something just about my full plant has suffered it and it looks horrible, is there anything i can do to stop it on the next grow, any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

its caused by a fungus called botrytis which thrives in still humid conditions so when the humidity is high your plants can be suseptible bud rot. Obviously one of the key things to then help prevent it is controlling the humidity and increasing air flow around your plants as low humidity means it can't live. Easier said than done mind without the use of a dehumidifier as natural weather cycles have a huge impact for example end of August/beginning of September last year was ridiculously humid and caused a lot of problems for people especially those of use growing outdoors or in greenhouses. Still affected the indoor growers too mind as its difficult to control the air coming into your grow room.

You can try cutting out infected areas but you have to be quick as it spreads quickly and you have to be very careful as disturbing it will cause the spores to become air borne so they can get in your clothes etc and then move on to other areas where you go. Hygiene is then key so if you've had bud rot in your grow room i'd suggest removing everything and having a good ole clean before you embark on your next grow. Increase the air flow around your plants with the use of fans and you could try getting some bud rot stop whihc you use as a foliar spray and contains a natural enzyme or something that prevents the fungus from forming on your flowers.

This is only my second year of growing so i'm no expert but suffered from it last year so have a little bit of experience. Pay a visit to the infirmary for more advice from more experienced growers.

Good luck. M
    Don't do drugs because if you do drugs you'll go to prison, and drugs are really expensive in prison

3. The Following User Says Thank You to marlcent For This Useful Post:

melmelmel (23-08-11)