Thread: Taking clones

Mr-Dynamic Guest

Default Taking clones

I was wondering, providing i had all the nessecary equipment for taking clones could i take them before i harvest? IE, cut a few clones then chop the stem?

Next time i grow i would prefer to start from assured female clones and cut out that 1-2month veg period. Ive a small reptile tank with a bulb holder in the loft, approx 18'' long x 12'' high x 12'' deep, if i was to put this on its end, to get more height and purchase a 125w enviro, then surely it could be used to root a few clones, i only have space in the room for 6 pots and they are approx 6-7litres i think, so slightly smaller than usual, but starting them on 12/12 in that potsize , would it be ok or do you folks predict it will end up root bound?

Also, could anyone tell me the length of an envirolight from the tip of the bulb to the end of the ES fitting? gotta make sure it will fit in there first aint we

Just added this to clear up any confusion.
    Last edited by Mr-Dynamic; 12-07-07 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Included diagram of bulb.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Dynamic View Post
    I was wondering, providing i had all the nessecary equipment for taking clones could i take them before i harvest? IE, cut a few clones then chop the stem?

Next time i grow i would prefer to start from assured female clones and cut out that 1-2month veg period. Ive a small reptile tank with a bulb holder in the loft, approx 18'' long x 12'' high x 12'' deep, if i was to put this on its end, to get more height and purchase a 125w enviro, then surely it could be used to root a few clones, i only have space in the room for 6 pots and they are approx 6-7litres i think, so slightly smaller than usual, but starting them on 12/12 in that potsize , would it be ok or do you folks predict it will end up root bound?

Also, could anyone tell me the length of an envirolight from the tip of the bulb to the end of the ES fitting? gotta make sure it will fit in there first aint we

Just added this to clear up any confusion.

why not just use a small propigator for them. You could then do what I did by hanging the light from two cd racks (with bamboo sticks holding the light up). I reckon you could get away with that size pot mate.

As for the size of the lights, not at home otherwise I'd measure one up for you dude..

Anyone who says nothing is impossible clearly has never tried to slam a revolving door..

Mr-Dynamic Guest

Ive thought of a proagator , but i'd rather use something i have available rather than spending more cash. i cant really provide a pic of the tank, but it is in essence the same as a propagator, it just needs a little modification I suppose when the time comes for taking some clones ill give it a try. it either works or it doesnt

Thanks

They're only a tenner mate...

Mr-Dynamic Guest

but im a tight bastard, haha, taken on board. thanks

Thanks

If you want decent clones you gotta work for it..

Thanks

Well clones are a exact replica of the plant they are taken from so they should ideally be taken before the parent go's into flower.
    They can be taken a up to few weeks into flower but you will have to battle them re-vegging first.

The length of a Enviro is about 12" in my part of the woods and I use it about 14" above the clones.

Clones will probably revert to 3 prong leaves after cloning and slowly revert back to the normal 7+ leaves as they mature.

The most important thing to do is to keep the medium (I use rockwool) damp but not wet!
    Most clones that suffer or die are a result of being in a medium that is too wet and the roots not being able to get enough oxygen.

green_machine
    THERE"S NO EXCUSE FOR IGNORANCE

GROW HARD!

Grow Diary - Celtic Stone & Lemon Stinky & White Russian

Thanks

Good post mate.

I've only ever used rockwool and so far I've not lost a single clone..

Thanks

please buy a propigator mate as our mate said keep the medium moist mist clones morning and night
    for the first 2 days keep the air vents closed then open them to the thickness of a matchstick have a fan blowing freshair in and get a heated tent cos clones like to have the bottom warmer than the tops.

goodluck

Thanks

And don't forget to use a weak nutrient mix when spraying.. (if using rockwool)