Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: bipolar disorder

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,555 Times

Excellent , interesting and personal post ltd8 ,I've got a lot of respect for.your honesty and Skype us gp's is genius.that story about the kids is really moving. too.you seem to have a lot of expertise and knowledge about bipolar and cannabis, you should set yourself up as a consultant and get the local health authority to put you on the panel as mental health and.drug advisor.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,555 Times

Beleser, have a look at something called DSMv, online its the book with diagnostic criteria for bipolar,depression and other, that drs use.if you meet a certain amount of criteria, (I.e.6 out of 8) then you take it to the Dr and demand to see a mental health consultant for a.proper diagnosis.there's an American one , not sure if it has a British version.
    Link I http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnos...ntal_Disorders

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Diply For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been bi polar for years but I've only been back smoking cannabis for a year and a half.

I find there's positives and negatives to cannabis use for mental health and you're the only one who can say how it affects you.

I was smoking excessively and found I had panic attacks alot, lost my appetite and couldn't sleep.

Now I keep it to evenings and I'm fine.

I'm still taking my meds but I've cut down alot.

Don't let the shrinks tell you what dosages of meds you should be on. Play around with your meds and see how it makes you feel along with smoking weed. Smoke a wide variety of weed to see how it affects you. I find, for me, a good head high is good. But that's when I'm depressed. If I'm manic, then indica is the way to go.

It's different for everyone so I advise you to experiment and see how you feel while experimenting. When you find what works for you, then stick with it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cersei For This Useful Post:

Diply (03-10-11)

Thanks

I have just been told off the pshiciatrist I have type 1 bipolar I am now on some serious meds and find when I smoke now I cant handle it and I have never been 1 to not have a joint in my hand all day every day

Any1 else had this ?

EC goes up, PH goes down = Plants require less nutrients
    EC goes down, PH goes up = Plants require more nutrients
    EC stable, PH stable = Spot on

Thanks

you may find this an interesting read on bipola and cannabis
    http://rxmarijuana.com/bipolar.htm

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fieldwalker For This Useful Post:

Diply (03-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cannabis View Post
    I have been told i have bipolar disorder and i find that cannabis helps with my ups and downs.does any body else have this and find that cannabis helps them better than tablets.When i feel depresed i find that a spliff works wonders for me.
    Someone close to me has this disorder & we've found organic grown over hydro grown is a better smoke for them the hydro seemed to enhance the disorder , which you want to avoid "hope thats some help"

Thanks

Now this is a subject i take great care and interest in as i have a few friend who are Bi-Polar.. Ive also spent the past year working as a Nursing Assistant in a mental health unit. As my experience tells me, it really varies.. everything affects everyone differently. Yes there is the whole prescribed medication, but that can do more harm than good in some cases just turn them into utter zombies unable to feel anything and in turn making them worse. Alot of these medications can pile on the weight to which also causes a knock on affect emotionally, making depression more likely and if the Bi-Polar symptoms are ''extreme'' can put said person at risk of going overboard should we say.

Smoking green or whatever your form of it your into, in my personal experience does have some benefit to the user. I would say in moderation though, like prescribed medication it must be taken throughout the day in certain doses for it to have proper good effects.. to much can send you spirialing into illness or in this case depression or axiety. IF it is taken in the right amount however i have found that Bi-polar suffers tend to feel much more alive, happier and calmer.. obviously they're apetite increases and in many cases thier sex drives to (but im sure this is true for most stoners, including myself).

I would just be careful what your smoking or eating but as a nurse, i would reccomend moderation.. research.. stick to good bud and get into baking, its alot healthier than smoking and also get out more.. go for a walk at least 3 times a week for at least 30mins. It will increase your mood and give you time to actually think, get things out of your head and if all goes well.. stop the need for going back to the doctor as much.

Cat
    xxx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greeneyedcat For This Useful Post:

Diply (18-10-11), The Singer (13-12-11)

Thanks

I have a really fcked past with many drugs. for the last 20 years I have smoked weed off and on, mostly on and not touched anything else. As a kid i was diagnosed as having a hyperactivity disorder. As an adult I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar. as I look back, the times that I was off weed, or off weed and on my meds were the hardest, most unmanaged times of my life. sure the meds helped a bit, but they also caused other problems. smoking weed keeps me level most all the time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3