Thread: whats the best books to read ? about genetics/science of cannabis plants

smokin1 Guest

Default whats the best books to read ? about genetics/science of cannabis plants

Well iv done s much reading as the next person,

But i think to fully understand growing, i think i need to learn the basic science of the plant

So be very very greatful if any 1 could recommend a good book or 2

Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,027 Times

To be honest mate this site is better than any book about, as a book is just one persons view on growing, where this forum has shit loads of people with just or if not better knowlage of growing, also if you get stuck in a part of the book you can't really ask it questions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spot For This Useful Post:

smokin1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    To be honest mate this site is better than any book about, as a book is just one persons view on growing, where this forum has shit loads of people with just or if not better knowlage of growing, also if you get stuck in a part of the book you can't really ask it questions.

100% agree with you about this fourm matey,

Just thought there might be a good book out with all the basics of growing weed,

Handy tips etc etc like PH/ EC. P,K just so i have a better understanding of what on reading on here

Just feel like on asking to many easy qestions , to some will think , that straight forward, i should know that

Its hard to explain, i have 100's of qestions , and this fourm aint just for me LOL

Thanks for the reply mate and again i agree 100% about here thcfourm being very helpful

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

A book I highly recommend is Marijuana Botany by Robert Connell Clarke as it's an excellent first primer as an introduction to the basics to the Mendelian genetic theory of inheritance.

I'd agree with spot that forums are the best information resource as regards growing without a doubt but when it comes to breeding and genetics a good book relating directly to the subject enables you to grasp the theory properly and really helps as you understand the mechanisms behind the actual outcomes of crosses.

It's available on Amazon, it's about £20 in the Uk but probably a bit cheaper in the US.

It has clear easy to understand diagrams, the 'punnet box' is something you'll learn about and is a diagrammatic box that details of parents are put into and the resulting outcome calculated as per the theory.

It also has lots of other info, the history and spread of cannabis around the world and info about indica's and sativa's, ruderalis, etc.

I've had 3 copies, first I got in the early 80's and wore out, the next pinched by the blue meanies when they came a visiting, the 3rd I've got to get back from loaning it out.

I couldn't recommend it more highly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

smokin1 Guest

Good man rockstar will buy this ASAP mate

I love to read , so think this might have a snow ball effect , ha ha but can only be a good thing

Thanks again