Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DIY Carbon Filter & Fan for under £10

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

I have the same problem "i'm skint" so this idea may just work for me until more funds are available i have a drobe ruffly the same size , would i mount it at the top back or can it go on the top so it blows straight up?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babybud3232 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times

@ Budolicious, I used one similar before that went a full grow in a stealth grow and it lasted the full grow, 6 weeks veg & 9 weeks flower. It even lasted while drying. I would guess at 3 or 4 months, depending how much air/particles is pulled through.

@ babybud, If it is in a wardrobe, I would go for the top centre, mainly because that will be the hottest point of the space. It could be mounted on the side or rear though.

Good luck both of you. W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (01-10-11), Budolicious (01-10-11), GEORGE (03-10-19), KieranH (16-01-18), Tartan_THC (13-04-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

yes fully under stand woody bro its a good idea for sth like a cfl grow or small hid cf are just so damn big when you want it for a stealth grow arnt they ive got a cfl sog stealth on the go and the filter ruins the streathlyness of it

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19), marque08 (12-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,112 Times

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stimpy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

Thx woodyj i understand what you mean.... Hope to have it set up by the end of the month ""weather dependant" will let you how i get on once again thx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babybud3232 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks

Sticky this!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrekstar For This Useful Post:

Famlay (12-01-13), GEORGE (03-10-19)

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

good stuff Woody m8....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Diddydon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

thermal calculations
    400 Watts plus 108 CFM = 7°C above ambient.

I seriously doubt that you'll get 54 CFM from the fans though. I reckon you'll be lucky to get half that. Generally, manufacturers' figures don't ever apply in the real world, and are the absolute maximum in free-air conditions. Add as little as six inches of duct, or mount them in a box, and the flow will reduce considerably.

Large, slow fans are lovely and quiet, and they can shift lots of air in an open system. But they don't cope very well with as soon as there's any restriction. Smaller, faster fans, with the same airflow rating, will usually produce more static pressure and push more air through any given system. Problem is, they're also considerably louder.
    Last edited by Anonymiss; 01-10-11 at 10:07 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (01-10-11), GEORGE (03-10-19), PhilZenMaster (09-12-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times

@ Anonymiss, What is the calculation for the ambient + 7c?

I hear what you are saying about restrictions with large fans. I would still rather have a large fan than a small one given the same cfm ratings.
    I build gaming pc's and cooling for overclocking is a pain sometimes. I've ended up with a full tower case with just 4 fans on it, the smallest is 120mm, largest 250mm and working with positive pressure (keeps the dust out of the case), this case is cooler than using the equivelant cfm's from small fans. There are plenty of restrictions to air flow due to huge graphics cards and cpu cooler as well as 6 hard drive. Cpu, memory, motherboard and both graphics cards are cooler as well as a very noticable drop in noise. Give me the big fans lol.

@ Forest, This principal of large silent fans and cooker hood carbon filters has massive applications for stealth growing.
    I thought stealth grows were silent, small grows where you wouldnt expect on, hence "stealthy", such as in cupboards and pc cases.
    The stealth involved with this principal is greater than a pc case stinking of weed or a smelly cupboard in the kitchen. I dont find either of those particularly stealthy.
    I am not saying this particular "design" should only be used in stealth situations. To qualify what I mean by this idea being good for stealth situations is the principals involved of low cost air exchange and filtration would suite a stealth operation. Surely that is the point of stealth & ghetto growing or am I missing something?

W

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

Forest (03-10-11), GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Woody J View Post
    @ Anonymiss, What is the calculation for the ambient + 7c?
    Air flow calculations are here: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...read.php?48463

The look-up table at the end provides a summary of the airflow required for various Wattage:Temperature-rise combinations.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19), Woody J (03-10-11)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast