Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DIY Carbon Filter & Fan for under £10

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Woody J View Post
    @ Anonymiss, What is the calculation for the ambient + 7c?

I hear what you are saying about restrictions with large fans. I would still rather have a large fan than a small one given the same cfm ratings.
    I build gaming pc's and cooling for overclocking is a pain sometimes. I've ended up with a full tower case with just 4 fans on it, the smallest is 120mm, largest 250mm and working with positive pressure (keeps the dust out of the case), this case is cooler than using the equivelant cfm's from small fans. There are plenty of restrictions to air flow due to huge graphics cards and cpu cooler as well as 6 hard drive. Cpu, memory, motherboard and both graphics cards are cooler as well as a very noticable drop in noise. Give me the big fans lol.

@ Forest, This principal of large silent fans and cooker hood carbon filters has massive applications for stealth growing.
    I thought stealth grows were silent, small grows where you wouldnt expect on, hence "stealthy", such as in cupboards and pc cases.
    The stealth involved with this principal is greater than a pc case stinking of weed or a smelly cupboard in the kitchen. I dont find either of those particularly stealthy.
    I am not saying this particular "design" should only be used in stealth situations. To qualify what I mean by this idea being good for stealth situations is the principals involved of low cost air exchange and filtration would suite a stealth operation. Surely that is the point of stealth & ghetto growing or am I missing something?

W
    yes i agree totally on what a stealth grow is , im looking for a small squirrel cage fan but cant find one any where for my stealthy box thye give me the air i want and are quieter but keep us updated how this performs please m8 if i can dump my 4 inch filter i would at a moments notice , ive read loads of cf diy but you dont see many follow ups do you ? be nice to know how they do

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,365 Times

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TC-UP For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

sweet tc ill take a look

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times

Just an update.
    I was over at my buddy's last night and the fan/filter is still working fine.
    There is no smell outside the space (cupboard) and when your head is inside, there is only a faint smell.
    This is good, because I am not growing, I am more sensitive to growing aroma's. Other friends houses with grows, I can smell quite quickly but this has a WW at week 4 and a BuKu at week 7 in there an no smells escaping.

The house temp was around 22 with the heating on but the temp in the space was only 26, with humidity at a nice stable 45%. Lights off T&H were 24 and 49 so it is a pretty good space. I would be happy to grow in those environmentals!

Anyway, thought an update would be good.
    W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19), needsmust (14-02-13)

Thanks

I'm liking this I'm just about to start my pc case grow and this would be perfect for it, although I might put some active carbon in there aswell

Thanks for the idea

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dandiggler For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,872 Times

I'm getting started on mine tonight.. Best idea for those who are on a budget grow
    The widows water web--- finished
    Widow,BSD and unknown breeding group ORGANIC ---FINISHED
    RM's 1st creation.. BIG SILVER DIESEL F1 --- FINISHED
    BSD F2 GROWOUT - -finished
    150w selecta box - - finished

Dinafem Auto cheese DWC mentored by Ironjustice
    6 strain coco bash mentored by ij
    Rasta:I need to know if we've got the money in the bank for the dogs food.. If not th...
    Mrsmouse: we eat the dog?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse22 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks

given how cheap this is to make i think im going to give this a go in my stealth growroom

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sly_dawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times

Nice post, how did I miss it? So much better than my Ghetto Filter!
    The link to the cooker hood filter on ebay now has the price at £111 - WTF?
    The cream rises to the top, regardless of the cow it came from.
    My grows are done in a Stealth Cab 250w CFL

PC Fan to Mains for Dummies

16. The Following User Says Thank You to needsmust For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks

did anyone else have a go at this ? does it work ?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mister bump For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Thanks

ive not tried it yet but going to have a crack at this tomorrow, i need something a bit more stealthy in the short term as i have a cracked bedroom window that needs fixing and ruck is kinda noisy atm. what id like to know is if it would still work if it was placed in groom and just re-circ its own air as its something that just needs to be used at certain times in combination with my ONA block. wish i had done some research on seeds first tho as blue cheese stinks!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sly_dawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-10-19)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast