Thread: How do you apply 35% hydrogen peroxide to NFT trays...?? Had a few fungus gnats....

Thanks

Default How do you apply 35% hydrogen peroxide to NFT trays...?? Had a few fungus gnats....

Hello fellow what was i thinkingers,
    In my last grow which did really well I had a few black gnat things flying abt, only saw abt 10 through the whole grow, just delicately added pyrethamene spray and it seemed to have cured it...
    On my second grow, (this grow, 1 x burmese kush, 2 x critical and a big bud) Ive had the same again at 3 weeks flowering, I had removed a well vegged Burmese Kush 2 weeks ago as it turned all ballsy on me even though it was sposed to be female, I did top it though and I didnt do any pre checks on whether kush's are good for topping??? Gonna be growing vanillla kush next grow so if any one kn ows thwe answer to that ??? (((: ...
    Anyway, the roots were well bedded into the rooting mat, I got most of them out but they were tangled with other roots so will need killing off, Ive noticed about 4 gnats over the last couple of days and started investigating.. Peroxide ((: ..
    Was thinking of BTi but wouldnt kill off roots etc..
    What I was thinking was to :-
    Add 30 ml of 35% to a litre of water and pour into the top trays of my NFT's (with them working) on a 3 day basis.. Heard really good reports about the results all round.. ???
    Or should I simply fill my 2.5 gallon bucket with tap water add the ph down then nutes, leave for a while and then add the peroxide just prior to a water change, or would this be catastrophic ??
    Sorry for essay .. Cheers..

Icon Guest

you can mix it up to the required level and just add it to the nft tank
    it will also kill any bio additives you are using so dont use any of them whilst using H2O2, its pointless.
    Use it for about 2 weeks every other day

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

i used 20 ml of 17.5% in my 20 litre tank and flushed for 2 hours. make sure you pour sone on the rockwool cubes too with a jug.
    as icon says though any microbial products will be killed too. after the flush i reccomend adding fresh res with nutes and gnat off.
    im suffering from gnats and i started to wonder why gnat off wasnt working, until i realised it was being killed by the h2o2.
    gnat off works though pal, i now have no larvae but, still got the flys.
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to prime For This Useful Post: